Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1923-1933 Hitler Youth Munich badge

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone could confirm if this one I have here is authentic or not.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated and if there's anything wrong with i can somebody please explain what to look for on the legit ones?

Thanks in advance.

William Kramer
    Attached Files
    Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Re: MM Wittmann

Hello William, I have posted two original examples below for you to compare. As it is 2.00 am in the Morning I will take close up pictures of the pin plates Tomorrow ( both Badges are mm Wittmann on the pin plates) and both are Silver versions
    Regards Martin
    Attached Files

Comment

Re: HJ

Re: Reverse
      Attached Files

Comment

Martin,

Thank you (and have a nice night)

Is it possible that my catch-plate is a replacement? Are there unmarked examples of this badge out there?

In comparison the details are fairly good IMO.

William Kramer
        Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

Hello William, all the ones I have seen, plus the hollow back one in my collection, are maker marked on the pin plate. Also, the fakes I have seen usually have very mushy detail on the reverse( the Polish copies). So, I would say yours has a chance, but I will wait for more comments.
          Best,
          Garry

Comment

Both of mine (one solid , one hollow) have the same maker as Martins . Mine are both bronze examples.
            Pete

Comment

I believe William's is a genuine tinnie but with the pin replaced based on the solder "splash" visible outside of the pin plate. The detail is too good and matches known examples.
              Richard V

Comment

I like Wm's badge as well. The only maker of these badges was Wittmann.

Comment

Re: MM plate

Hello William, as promised pictures of the pin plates.
                  Regards Martin
                  Attached Files

Comment

Re: further close up
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by all1knew View Post
                      Martin,

Thank you (and have a nice night)

Is it possible that my catch-plate is a replacement? Are there unmarked examples of this badge out there?

In comparison the details are fairly good IMO.

William Kramer
                      Hello William, yes............ as all the catch plates on original examples wether die struck hollow or solid are always marked Wittmann.
                      Below I have posted example of another Hitler Youth Badge that feautures the Feldherrnhalle Monument, a very desirable badge that is scarce to find these days. In hand a much finer looking example than what my diabolical Camera skills (or should I say lack of them) portrays.
                      Regards Martin
                      Attached Files

Comment

Although I like the solid back badges the best the hollow back badges are harder to find.

Comment

Hello Eric, yes I would agree with you that the hollow versions are scarcer to find and as such usually command a higher asking price when they turn up on the market place. However the example I have just posted is as you know a different Badge and amazingly is neither a Solid or hollow version it is semi hollow. I will take a picture of the reverse of the Badge this evening when I return Home.
                          Regards Martin

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X