Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what is this?

Hello,
    I am not sure if this is the correct forum for this. I picked this up at a swap meet 20-25 years ago and never figured out, what it is. Any help appreciated. The clasp is maker marked F&B and the back of the swastika is marked STG (sterling).
    [URL="

Hi Opcfan, welcome to WAF!

Wait for more knowledgeble people to confirm but to me it looks like a pocket watch "thing"
    (thob? not sure of the correct english word) complete with its safety chain

Regards

JC

Comment

Yes

Welcome to the Forum Opcfan. Yes it is, it's an old fashioned pocket watch Fob that was used frequently back in the day. ( Fobs, that is ). The clip essentially would connect to the Ring on top of the pocket watch.

Comment

Hello:

Yes, it is an older (~1920's) watch fob. Not German, but well made, with Sterling silver components. The enamel pins may be from a fraternal organization, but I am not sure which one.

Regards,
        Kent G.

Comment

Fob

Originally posted by Waffe View Post
          Hello:

Yes, it is an older (~1920's) watch fob. Not German, but well made, with Sterling silver components. The enamel pins may be from a fraternal organization, but I am not sure which one.

Regards,
          Kent G.
          I agree!! Pre 1930`s. American made. Nothing to do with the NSDAP.

Comment

Hi opcfan, and welcome among us! I also agree that your item is a fob from a pocket watch, and the pins attached to it probably represent fraternal or social organizations to which the fob's owner belonged -- including the swastika, which would have no Nazi association.

Br. James

Comment

Hi opcfan, and welcome among us! I also agree that your item is a fob from a pocket watch, and the pins attached to it probably represent fraternal or social organizations to which the fob's owner belonged -- including the swastika, which would have no Nazi association.

Br. James

Comment

Thanks all for the information and welcomes. I now know this is pre WW2 and not of German origin. This is the most information I've had on this item in the last twenty or so years. Jim

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X