Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Golden Party Badge ?

Hello Forum,

I have been looking for a LOOONG time for a golden party badge set. I have purchased the set on Beck-Militaria with number 8383. I am about to pull the ultimate trigger. These will be the centerpiece of my enamel collection. I have read and read and read about the badges, and it appears (to me anyways) that a set with the smaller badge from Fuess is typical. The markings and pin styles seem to add up. The obverses look good to me. No veins in the oakleaves, the numbers look right, the pin plates - again all of it looks right to me. The price of 2300E seems fair for a set below 10K. I've been looking at this set for a while and today he dropped everything 20%. That's more than I would have asked as a discount.

SO? what say the forum!?
    Attached Files

They look good to me and a nice early number to boot!

Comment

Closer

here is as close as I can get of the reverse
      Attached Files

Comment

congrats!

i'd love to have this set in my collection.

i've often thought about some type of small illuminated display case/box for a golden party badge set, but i have not seen anything suitable.

how do you plan to display them?

Comment

Good luck with the attribution !

Comment

Yes, I agree that this is a beautiful set, in fine condition. I'm sorry to say that this number does not appear on my list of attributed GPB numbers. As to the set being "typical," initially the GPB was awarded as a matched set, both badges of which being of the Deschler design. But when a member needed a replacement for the small badge, it was the Fuess-marked example that was received. Many matched sets seen today are of the large Deschler/small Fuess content, possibly due to the pin assembly of the small Deschler not holding up well during extensive wear. This is only my supposition, but it seems at least plausible.

Best of luck with a fine addition to any collection!

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
              Yes, I agree that this is a beautiful set, in fine condition. I'm sorry to say that this number does not appear on my list of attributed GPB numbers. As to the set being "typical," initially the GPB was awarded as a matched set, both badges of which being of the Deschler design. But when a member needed a replacement for the small badge, it was the Fuess-marked example that was received. Many matched sets seen today are of the large Deschler/small Fuess content, possibly due to the pin assembly of the small Deschler not holding up well during extensive wear. This is only my supposition, but it seems at least plausible.

Br. James
              Awesome.. thanks.. This is why I posted it. It made little sense to me that a set would be produced by two manufactures - on the date of initial award. But I thought that I had read somewhere else ( on WAF ) that an existing contract or 'nod' to FUESS resulted in some badges arriving as a set - from both makers. What matters to me is that I did not spend 2300E on a reproduction! Beck is a trusted dealer, from my searches on the forum. A lot to spend for me.. It's the centerpiece of my small collection..
              Thanks again.. !!

Comment

Originally posted by blackbird939 View Post
                Awesome.. thanks.. This is why I posted it. It made little sense to me that a set would be produced by two manufactures - on the date of initial award. But I thought that I had read somewhere else ( on WAF ) that an existing contract or 'nod' to FUESS resulted in some badges arriving as a set - from both makers. What matters to me is that I did not spend 2300E on a reproduction! Beck is a trusted dealer, from my searches on the forum. A lot to spend for me.. It's the centerpiece of my small collection..
                Thanks again.. !!
                As you know these GPBs are good but Beck has many suspect items on his site from what I have seen so tread lightly.

Comment

Originally posted by jerry c. View Post
                  congrats!

i'd love to have this set in my collection.

i've often thought about some type of small illuminated display case/box for a golden party badge set, but i have not seen anything suitable.

how do you plan to display them?
                  I was going to put these gems in my tiny enamel collection.. I know guys out here have 10 times this.. But this is all I have managed so far.. Now you know why this set is so big for me.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by blackbird939; 01-25-2013, 06:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ErichS View Post
                    As you know these GPBs are good but Beck has many suspect items on his site from what I have seen so tread lightly.
                    Yes.. I've noticed some fakes out there on his site.. but I've also seen some of what 'I' think are fakes on Hüsken, too. The ONLY one of these big dealers that I've never seen a fake .. Butschek.. He does a great job of weeding out the fakes that are established fantasy pieces, again IMO. Thing is, I avoid the iffy pieces unless they are vetted here or I have an inspection period. I have been burned by a 'friend' in Germany.. but not yet on the big sites.

Michael

Comment

Huh?

By the way, you have a substantial amount of enamel for a "Small" collection.
                      I'd say you're doing just fine and have some fine pieces in there. With your new additions coming it'll be even more impressive. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
                        As to the set being "typical," initially the GPB was awarded as a matched set, both badges of which being of the Deschler design. But when a member needed a replacement for the small badge, it was the Fuess-marked example that was received. Many matched sets seen today are of the large Deschler/small Fuess content, possibly due to the pin assembly of the small Deschler not holding up well during extensive wear. This is only my supposition, but it seems at least plausible.

Br. James
                        First time I hear this, and I do not agree that first issued set was both Deschler.

Comment

Hi Andreas,

I believe the matter of what constituted an 'original matched set' of GPBs as being both Deschler badges has been an animated source of discussion here on WAF over time, with the final result as that being the case. I had assumed that you were a part of the discussion as it unfolded; sorry to hear that you weren't. Perhaps this topic should be revisited?

Personally, 'I have no dog in this race,' since I only own single GPBs, but it would be good to arrive at a final position on what a new applicant for GPBs eventually received when he/she submitted the paperwork for that award through the local Gau. Perhaps I have misunderstood the previous discussion over time, but my recollection is that all applicants for the GPB initially received a two-badge set consisting of one large and one small Deschler badge; should the applicant wish to purchase additional badges, they were sold individually and that is where the Fuess-marked small badge came in. Replacement/additional small badges were issued in the Fuess design. Whether or not a person could initially apply for a large badge with a military pin or if that was considered a "replacement" badge and needed to be reordered, I don't know. The same question would apply for GPBs with a buttonhole stud instead of a pin...

This is a fascinating subject, my friend!

Br. James

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X