S.A. - the running man ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S.A. - the running man ?

I have no clue whatsoever about SA Sturmbann II/29 - June 1934 !

Any ideas chaps ?

Regards,

David
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

A team sporting event of some sort? The date - 17 June 1934 is very close to the Night of the Long Knives on the 30th of that month (the Purge).

Mil

Comment

I read 3rd and 10th June of 1934. So an event on 2 days a week apart.

Comment

Thankyou for the comments chaps. Indeed Mil, an SA Sports Competition (Sportwettkampf) badge, although as der-hase-fee pointed out, undertaken on the 3rd and the 10th as two consecutive Sundays. I suppose that an SA Sturmbann of possibly 500 men would have been big enough for a competitive event, although it would have been interesting in trying to identify the SA Standarte and the SA Brigade.

Regards,

David

Comment

In an address-list from the Oberste SA-Führung from November 1, 1935 two Standarte sized units 29 were mentioned to exist:
            29 within brigade 79 (Unterfranken) at Gemünden/Main (This Standarte got their Deutschlanderwache-Standarte in 1935);
            29 within brigade 152 (Trier) at Trier (This Standarte already got their Deutschlanderwache-Standarte in 1933).
            Before the problems around Röhm it could have been different, but I do not have earlier address-lists. Brigade 79 was anyway confirmed in April 1934 in a list about promotions. The Standarte in November 1934, but surely will have existed earlier; brigade 152 was confirmed in August 1934.

It would be plausible the tinnie was for 29 at Trier, as it is speculated there were more members for such a sport-event. Maybe Laurens has more information.

Comment

Dear Wilhelm, thankyou for this most interesting information. Regards, David

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X