Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Golden Party Pin Number ID?

Hey guys:

Are party pins numbers "easily" traceable? The number in question is 80982.

I appreciate any help or advice.

Skip

Hi Skip,

The very short answer to your question is "No!" While quite a few of the well-known early NSDAP members' numbers are known, and the SS officers' lists included each person's Party Membership Number, those sources only account for a small percentage of the almost 23,000 recipients of the numbered GPB. And as I understand it, the central membership records held by the Party Treasurer's Office in Munich were corrupted and scattered maid the chaos at war's end, making research very difficult. I can tell you that I do not have this number on my own list, but there are others here who also have worked diligently over many years to collect GPB attributions, so lets wait and see if anyone comes up with a positive response.

There are a couple of known and reliable professional researchers whom you could contact, but that does not guarantee a positive result. The fact is that most of the numbered GPB recipients were quite ordinary men and women who never joined the numerous Party organizations -- where their numbers would be recorded -- nor ever rose to notorious prominence.

Br. James

Comment

Near miss !

Comment

Originally posted by der-hase-fee View Post
        Near miss !

Comment

Hi Andreas,

Does this mean you now hold this large Deschler in your collection? Congrats if you do! Still no ID of the original recipient...

Br. James

Comment

No, just thought it nice to add the pictures to an anonymous thread.

Comment

Your GPB cross-reference library is astounding.

Comment

Amen, Joe, AMEN!

Frohe Weihnachten to you and to all here!

Br. James

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X