BrunoMado

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ordens vom Deutschen Adler (3. Stufe) Original or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ordens vom Deutschen Adler (3. Stufe) Original or not?

And there is more pictures at tradera.com
    http://www.tradera.com/finding.mvc/i...?ftgnr=2442835

And more pictures at another forum
    http://precisensan.com/antikforum/sh...er!!-1804-1914

Genuine or not?
    Grateful for your expertise!

This is ridiculous, you posted three topics about a SALE you have on ebay/some foreign auction site in three different forum sections. A moderator should clean this and remove all links. The WAf has already an E-stand for selling.

Comment

It would have been nice if someone referred me to the sales page here instead of having one with teenages outbreaks pointing it out to me.

The scary foreign side is Swedish ebay

Comment

Tradera is a scary place indeed. There is so much crap is scares the **** out of me.
        BTW, you cant sell here on the E-stand unless you are a association member.

/peter

Comment

Medal is a poor quality repro. For me, it gets no cigar, and no need to bristle, the guy was trying to help you,not hurt, but its obvious you must have read the rules already already, and possibly are trying to get around them to not pay the membership fee of 25.00 to sell here ,or you would have been more apologetic and displayed more friendliness to those who are gently trying to set you straight . bad start I'd say, and my not endear you to those who may have patronized you in the future who are out there watching .

Comment

Thank you for your answer, why do you think it is a poor repo?

And thank you for your thoughts about me and what I’m capable of doing for 25usd.

I started a thread here and find people how was interested of them so I put them out on auction instead of getting different offers from this sites members.

When I did this I have no clue about the possibility to sell on this site. And after ebay closed the auction I come back here and asked a Spanish man were I could sell them and he refers to Spanish sites.
            You have wrong about me,.
            Do you really mean this answer below was gently trying to set me straight

jabnus says This is ridiculous, you posted three topics about a SALE you have on ebay/some foreign auction site in three different forum sections. A moderator should clean this and remove all links. The WAf has already an E-stand for selling.

And for jabnus I did not feel that you were helping me just disrespecting!
            I started a thread and somebody told me to write it on another category , I did put it on the medal category it get redirected to another site and 2 members told me to put them here. That’s why there are 3 threads.
            I have contact the administrator so they can edit/delete.

Hope this is the last questions I need to add to my police report and that we can keep the thread to talk about the medal instead!

Comment

You can try and talk yourself out of it as much as you want, your very first post was to promote a sell on ebay and later another auction site. I think you very well know what you are doing and its a wonder you are still tolerated here as people have been banned for less. Good luck with the sell you have the attention you wanted.

Comment

I get member here 12-29-2012,
                and I put them out on auction 01-03-2013,

I hope you can do your police work right next time.

If you were right they would close down my thread!
                Thank you and good luck to you to Gaston
                Last edited by Tavring; 01-05-2013, 05:27 AM.

Comment

Come on, give the guy a brake! He inherited some items of which he had no clue of originality and decided to sell them. His first mistake as a novis was to post it on the Collection forum and was then advised to try the Cross forum. His 2nd attempt ended up in the Police forum, despite my initial advice of the Political forum. I don't think this is the way we are supposed to treat a newbe.

A few responses in these three threads have delt with the cross itself and apparently you all view it as a well made fake. I differ in opinion and would be very much interested in the your objections as to originality. Let's leave out the ribbon ring (which possibly have been replaced) and the marking. I'll return and comment on the latter, once the auction is ended.

cheers
                  Peter

Comment

Thank you Peter,
                    I'm waiting for your comment on the letter "T"

link to more pictures:
                    http://s1294.beta.photobucket.com/us...g2013/library/

Comment

On the originality of the piece, I must say that at the beginning, given the poor quality of the photos posted had details coming to convince me, as the fact that the ball on top of the range seemed fan, characteristic of the orders of the revision of the 43 and however had marking on top of ball, characteristic of the medals of 1939 butonce seen better pictures of this piece I can assure that it is authentic and that it is an order of the Eagle German 1939 without swords and marked on the ball on top of the fan.

Sorry for my first confusion, although I already warned that it had to treat the matter with caution because it looked good at first...

Comment

Thank you, finally some elaboration on features, not just the frequently used phrase "poor quality". I've some comments of my own.

The initial comments about poor quality have some merit though i.e. the enamel around some of the swastikas on the reverse is badly executed and the ribbon ring is probably exchanged. I'm convinced this is a Godet produced piece, but find it questionable this was ever given to an awardee, due to the above and some other minor flaws.

M., I'd like to add something to what you've already stated.
                        I don't think that a soldered ring is an axiom for DAO's. I've an L/50 marked 3.Stufe and a friend a ditto marked 900 and 21, both with an open ring.

You stated that the "T" is not a correct marking for DAO's, as you've never seen one. Perhaps this is correct, but I saw an identical cross illustrated in a magazine in 1981. The article was written by Ailsby and he didn't have any explaination for this feature, but merely confirmed it's existence. Given Ailsby's reputation, I know some of you guys will probably question this source, but one shouldn't always shoot the messanger.

I don't know the significance of this marking. Perhaps it was rejected due to the quality, but still good enough for use on i.g. a theatre, hence the "T". That of course doesn't explain how it ended up in Hungary, late war production? Strange things did occur, one DAO with document was offered here some time ago, IMO unquestionable originals. The document was for a Stufe and awarded in April 1944!

cheers
                        Peter

Originally posted by marisca lrommel View Post
                        On the originality of the piece, I must say that at the beginning, given the poor quality of the photos posted had details coming to convince me, as the fact that the ball on top of the range seemed fan, characteristic of the orders of the revision of the 43 and however had marking on top of ball, characteristic of the medals of 1939 butonce seen better pictures of this piece I can assure that it is authentic and that it is an order of the Eagle German 1939 without swords and marked on the ball on top of the fan.

Sorry for my first confusion, although I already warned that it had to treat the matter with caution because it looked good at first...

Comment

I have not thoroughly understood Peter.

I never said that the mark "T" rat that it is false. Mark T appears in many of the original German Eagle orders (see the example that I publish below).

What I mean is that such mark is not on the orders of the Eagle German review of 43 showing only the marking 900 and 21 in the ring or 900 in the ring and a 5 in the fan.

At first I thought was the review of 43 by the ball shape that seemed more flattened but once seen better pictures, I've noticed account that the ball is round and that we are not an order of the Eagle manufactured after 1943, but an order of the Eagle 3rd class manufactured between 1939 and 1943 German. The cross is authentic, the marking is also and the ring is correct. Sorry for the confusion

Different marks in orders of the Eagle authentic 100 %

Maker marks on 5Th 1943's Eagle Order

1937 maker mark

Comment

No problemas, both of us have English as 2nd language and I might have misread what you said.

cheers
                            Peter

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X