VirtualGrenadier

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is This Badge The Real Thing!! Help Please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is This Badge The Real Thing!! Help Please!

Folks,
    This is beyond my expertise so I hope someone can tell me what this is, and is it original!! Thanks!!

PS,
    Sorry for the bad pics!!
    Attached Files

pics

pics
    Attached Files

Comment

Chris:
      This is a East Prussian Gau Honor Badge. I have never owned one, but I recall the originals were numbered. In any event, the attachment hardware does not look correct. Almost certainly a casting.

Comment

Badge

Originally posted by Gary Symonds View Post
        Chris:
        This is a East Prussian Gau Honor Badge. I have never owned one, but I recall the originals were numbered. In any event, the attachment hardware does not look correct. Almost certainly a casting.
        Thanks for the info but the badges I`ve seen aren`t numbered!!

Comment

badge

Guys,
          The more I look at it, the more it does look like a cast copy. Heres a couple more pics of it in a different light
          Attached Files

Comment

pics

Comment

never seen this badge before but looks cast to me..

Comment

Hi Chris

Not an expert but this might help...Weitze currently has one of these for sale (for over 5000 euros!) Detail, metal, finish and mounting system of that specimen appears to be more in tune with what I would expect on such a rare award

Best regards

JC

Comment

East Prussia badge

On page 75 of Medals and Dec of the TR (Dr. Doehle's book) it is listed as a traditional district badge for East Prussia as stated earlier. Unfortunately the artists rendering of this badge (page 77) leaves a lot to be desired. It could possibly be one after comparison but unlikely or as also stated a cast copy that I haven't come across or anyone here either.
                  Last edited by petopoint; 12-12-2012, 06:07 PM.

Comment

badge

The more I find out about this, the more its looking like a cast repro, although I do like the pin setup!! Any kind of set value to this or is it just one of those "whatever you can get, take it" type deals??

Comment

I don't like it, I agree, seem cast copy.

regards
                      Mike

Comment

Not what I would expect such a representative award to look like.

Comment

Here is what an accepted version of the badge should look like. While I have seen zinc and versions of a couple of Gau Ehrenzeichen before that I believed were original (some covered in my book), I have not seen one of these, and so can only comment that the above-posted badge is not a style that is accepted as original. These photos are from my book on Gau Ehrenzeichen, which has just hit the streets in the past week or so.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X