Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GPB for review

hello guys,

I would like your opinions on 30mm badge (24mm was presented on this forum and was commented)

For me, the 30mm is an authentic badge, not resolded.

I'm looking for the 24mm for the 11783 and 30mm for the 14353 (I hope )

thank you for comments

best
    Attached Files

Both badges are good.

Comment

nice

Very nice original badges with low numbers.

Comment

I also agree: two fine originals. We've seen the small Deschler with the replaced pin before; it's ID'd to Ortsgruppenleiter Karl Eder. Any ID on the large badge?

Br. James

Comment

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=588470&page=5

Comment

Two fine GPB's

Regards, Wim

Freedom is not for Free
            Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Reunions are hard to accomplish ....

Comment

Originally posted by der-hase-fee View Post

indeed...

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
                  Any ID on the large badge?

Br. James
                  same question...

Comment

Originally posted by der-hase-fee View Post
                    No point complaining, answer changed. Yes hard to put things together, harder when other collectors still buy items knowing anoither collector colleague has the other parts !!

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Fish View Post
                      No point complaining, answer changed. Yes hard to put things together, harder when other collectors still buy items knowing anoither collector colleague has the other parts !!

I will erase my signature !!!

Comment

No my friend that's not a problem, it's the underhand guys that I'm talking about and they will know who they are .....

Comment

I have have been involved in 3 GPB related reunions, with the following results:

1) One I "succeeded in", because the dealer I had just bought the badges from contacted me that he had acquired the paperwork to go along as well.

2) I had missed an opportunity to acquire the second badge of a set from a dealer, but the buyer who beat me to it eventually showed it on a forum and I contacted him. He would not sell his badge, so after some back and forth I agreed to sell him mine (the guy who fell off the Earth or something).

3) I have failed to reunite another grouping for which I have tracked the badges to South Africa. The negotiations via e-mail involving a trade ended up in a misunderstanding and we "agreed to disagree" and left it at that.

I am still keeping my eyes open for another 2 or so reunions.

Tricky part, IMO, is the agreement between two collectors - usually competitors - who is getting the icing of the cake, which would be the reunited pieces, at a reasonable price. Somehow the value of the individual pieces vs. the grouping play into this. And what value to put on the tracking effort ?

Comment

I have very recently tried to get some photographs from a Blutordentrager to go with the medal, but it seems other collectors want to buy only the photographs, time will tell if the seller sells to me, or not.

Also the man who fell off the earth from another forum 'Fuerball' has the matching badge I need, GPB that is.

The third reunion I would like is a collector who had the GPB pair to my Blood order but a reunion would cost silly money so I don't think that will happen.

Good luck with your reunions.

Comment

I have come across BO awardee photographs recently too, but supposedly they are being sold to a collector, while the grouping including the BO was sold to a dealer before. Don't believe this to be a coincidence. Sounds like the seller is trying to drive the price up. Sounds familiar, doesn't it ?

Yes, Feuerball has not answered to any of my PN's and e-mails in a long time. Never know what might have happened.

To reunite the BO and GPB's would be a dream, I feel with you. Any chance you are going to let the BO go ?

The reunion of my only BO with the awardee's SS unground Röhm dagger also failed - didn't have a chance from the beginning, I guess.
                              Last edited by der-hase-fee; 12-25-2012, 06:35 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X