A couple of my favorite and unusal tinnies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A couple of my favorite and unusal tinnies

OK the title should read "unusual" not "unusal". Fat fingers on typing.

Here are two recent acquisitions I was very happy to add to my collection. The one on the left is for a meeting of the NSKOV and simultaneously celebrates the 650th anniversary of the story of the pied piper of Hamlin (Rattenfängersage).

On the right is one of my very favorite tinnies. I at first glance thought it might have something to do with SA musicians but after reading the legend, discovered it is for a Kreis Party day of the NSDAP and NSBO on the 16th and 17th of September 1933 in Markneukirchen. It depicts what appear to be two SA men with kepis inspecting a violin with a guitar, trumpet and some other stringed instrument to the right of this image.

Markneukirchen is a town in Saxony that is considered the main town of the German musical instrument making region famed for high quality brass and stringed instruments. It is home to the Museum of Musical instruments founded in 1883. Christian Friederich Martin of Martin guitar ame was born and trained in Markneukirchen before emigrating to the US and starting the legendary guitar company. I thought this was a tinnie with an interesting history attached to it.

Hope you enjoy tinnies.
    Richard V
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Richard; 11-24-2012, 07:50 PM.

I have the same Markneukirchen tinnie with a group from Josef Wimmer. I have never seen another until you posted yours. A lovely and well made piece, to be sure.

Bob Hritz
    In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

tinnies

Both are really nice! One on right I have not seen!

Thanks for showing!

PVON

Comment

Thanks for the kind comments. Bob, interesting to see there is another. I assume there are more but up to now this was the only one I had ever seen. The artistry on this particular tinne, as you state, is just superb.
        Richard V

Comment

I just checked and mine is a silvered type.

Bob Hritz
          Attached Files
          In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Nice ones

Thanks for the view of these unusual and rarely seen tinnies. So much detail expressed on such a small frame never ceases to amaze me.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X