Early Eagle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Early Eagle

Here is something I have for awhile. I don't see any maker mark on it. It appears to be original. Would this be early SS or SA KIPI? Your opinions are appreciated. Thanks.

Del
    Attached Files

Hi Del,

The style of your bird is known as the M-1927 and was used on all political caps and kepis -- PL, SA, NSKK, SS, etc. It is normally found unmarked on the reverse. The Political Leadership adopted a new cap eagle as the M-1934, and by 1936 the SA, SS and NSKK had all developed and adopted their own unique cap eagle designs.

Hope this is helpful to you,

Br. James

Comment

hi del and br.james

year they are a bit of a mysterie sometimes these little bastards but first of all they are not badges but insignias I have collected some over the year for fun and bec imm currius arround some of the eagels bec there are meny diffrenceials between the makers of these eagels, they are rarely marked but you can get them whit makers code ( see pic below ) and i do have one whit gold finish and not silver finish so ill guess the officers had the guilden ones and privates silber anyway a big diffrence, as you say br. james it was used for both the SA and SS kepi for a timeperiod.

cheers

002.JPG

013.JPG

Comment

[ATTACH]2368837[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]2368838[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]2368839[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]2368844[/ATTACH]
          Last edited by Carsten135; 11-12-2012, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Hi Carsten,

Thanks for your additional pix -- always helpful and comparative.

Good to hear from you again, my friend!

Br. James

Comment

Early Eagle

Thanks Br. James & Carsten for your information. Nice collection of birds, Carsten. I am happy mine is an original.

Del

Comment

hi del and Br. james

Yes del your eagle is quite original, sorry i wasent clear on that in the first place, and long time no see Br. james but has been buissy travling to Berlin both private visiting friends and as guide for small private companies so alot of traveling this year, imm looking forward to talk some history whit you in the future and i just made a thread on the Living History arround one of the monuments in Berlin http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=632659 ill start a thread in near future arround one of the Führerhaubtquatiere in Berlin area.
                thx for your kind words and see you later in the History

cheers in german beers

Comment

It's always my pleasure, Carsten...and I always learn so much from you, as well!

Cheers, my friend,

Br. James

Comment

Very nice pieces.

Mil

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X