First dip into tinnies, how did I do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First dip into tinnies, how did I do?

These aren't my usual thing, but I couldn't resist!

I bought these from a guy who had a bunch of stuff from his uncle. There were a lot of ugly cast badges that I passed on, but these looked alright so I took a chance on them. Half are hollow back, three of the solid back ones are marked, and the 1933 NSDAP one is, while unmarked, appears to be die-struck tombak.

I got the bunch for $35, but then I don't' know what these even go for. If they are bad at least I didn't lose too much!

I have more closeups if need be.

I forgot to take pictures of the backs when I was outside in the sun

Cheers and thanks in advance,
    -Todd

Well I can only see the backs, but you did just fine, well done

Comment

Sorry, I was updating the main image, when I was uploading them I picked the blurry one! You should be able to see it now.

Good to know my gut feelings were correct, I apparently know more than I thought!

Comment

nice tinnie deal

For around five bucks each I think you already know you got a deal. They are the more common tinnies you see but getting them for 1970's prices make it a tinnie steal.

Comment

The 33 RPT badge is the jewel in the group. A nice score!

Comment

hey there

i agree fully whit the originality, they are all nice and especially the reichsparteitag Nürnberg and the kreistreffe Rechlinghausen, deff. a well done bargin for 35$

cheers

Comment

I don't buy things to re sell, but it's still nice to know I got a good price!

I've been on a streak of good prices recently, maybe I should think about changing occupations! (That'll never happen, I like everything I buy so I'll never sell anything!!!).

Comment

just my words, dont sell anything but take that whit my wife too pleeeeese

cheers

Comment

Haha. I'm still single, so I guess you can say I'm married to the hobby :P

While everyone was telling me how well I did, I neglected to ask what these things are actually worth, even at flea market rates. I didn't think I did THAT well, but hell, I really don't know! I'm not about to go off of dealer prices ether.

Comment

normally i go easy on prices especally in these times so ill only give you a kvalified guess if you are selling these as a lot i would say the value of $35 x 4 as a min, max is depending on condition and the buyer. my guess is based on average prices in europe, some will pay less and some more, thats how it goes.

cheers

Comment

Nicely done for $35! I would call it a steal regardless of how common some of them are. As pointed out already the 1933 RPT is the best piece and would likely cost more than you spent by itself.

Curt

Comment

tnnie

The RPT 1933`s value is in the range of $75.00-$125.00 on a good day. The rest are fairly common but a nice start to a collection at a good price.

Comment

i like that NSV tinnie. had not seen that before.

Comment

I agree with Erich - the 1933 RPT is the nicest - solid-backed with pebbled swas!

Mil

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Lee View Post
                              The RPT 1933`s value is in the range of $75.00-$125.00 on a good day. The rest are fairly common but a nice start to a collection at a good price.
                              Good lord!

Ideally I thought they were worth $10-20 a piece but that's insane. I need to keep an eye out for these buggers more often.

Thanks to all of you!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X