Several badges for review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Military Trader View Post
    I don't beleive so -- this is the type of guy that would give you $20 for a SS dagger and sell it for $10,000. he won't give over $50 for ANY helmet. He once turned down a SS gorget (from a vet's widow) that was the real deal (saw it at a show later from someone who did buy it). he offered her $40 for it -- she sold it to a pawn shop down the road for the $100 she was asking. So even if your pins were real he buys real low and trys to sell high. Sometimes he gets excited about something and does pay big but he does get saddled with a lot of fake stuff. But every once and a while though I can sneak up on something ----- eg. I bought a nice army dagger and rig for $300 from him not long ago.
    Sounds like you should contemplate putting up shop yourself across the street or nearby to catch all the legit items he miserly won't pay over fifty bucks for.

Comment

hey Military Trader

i do sadly have to agree whit the rest of the statememts they are all fakes and sorry to say that goes for the KFZ (Kraftfahrzeug) plakette too, it comes nothing near the original plakettes from this timeperiod, so try get ur money back.

cheers

Comment

Carsten135, i am not 100% sure it is a good one (would love to see the back too), but i looks very good to me and i think it comes close to originals. (Not all originals looked the same i think). Can you tell us some more perhaps?

Comment

hey jabnus

Well actually they all looked alike except for the writing or kreis, the plakette was the first model in germany that refers to tax for automobiles ( ZULASSUNGSPLAKETTE ) and here the nazis wins bec you can find the excatly same system today but ofcurse whit diffrent symbols on the auto plate but except for the system compering then the particular plakette from the first thread is totally wrong in everything ( the angry dove head, the uncombined eagle, the writing and i can keep ongoing but i do have one in my collection whic will take me days to find but i can see one on sale in andre husken gallerie for 55 eur wich was the same price i gave so not a expencive tag in this katagory, well you will clearly see the diffrent i point out. I have seen several besides my own whit the excact same eagle and writing and never seen diffrent models yet.

http://www.huesken.com/shop/de/zeitg...tte-52614.html

cheers in beers

Comment

Here's a thread on License plate disks, you may wish to post it here for further review:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...hlight=landrat

I agree with Jabnus.

Comment

double post

Comment

Hi ETN,

Thanks for posting that link, it's very helpfull and indeed at the end of that thread is posted a fake Alsfeld like Carsten pointed out.

I knew these little buggers could be found with differences and have seen them with slight differences in paintcolour, some looking very new, this makes it harder to distinguish them between eachother if there is no corect referencematerial. This is why WAF is so great: we can all learn from the old topics (i know i did...again!)

Good topic and posts here!

best regards,
                Gaston

Comment

I do have a picture of the back I can post it if you want -- I didn't buy these badges, I was just posting pictures in case any were good I'd try and pick them up.

Thanks

Comment

All bad, the vehicle plate might be okay but only a $40 or so value I think.

Comment

u might read the thread before you make a statement, its only a friendly suggestion

but anyway what do you get for 40 eur welll...........

you dont get Hitlers biography from the 70ties when he was a hippie learning his first words like " grooove" or " cool" or lerning him to give the finger

imagesCAGMVSPX.jpg

imagesCAW0XTHB.jpg

anyway you have the 40 eur debate whit the sellers so... it will be a intresting debate

cheers
                      Last edited by Carsten135; 10-21-2012, 08:05 AM.

Comment

i can appreciate a good joke, but think that those two pics cross the line...

Comment

well i can comfort you by telling they are fakes, so dont worry

cheers

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X