Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gau Thuringen badge

Hi Guys

I wanted to show this badge that I just received as in my opinion it is a dangerous copy

I have a genuine bronze grade badge and on comparing them the silver is slightly smaller, also it is not flat when viewed from the edge- these things make me think its a top quality casting.

Here it is - appreciate your thoughts

Many thanks

Patrick
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Patrick,

Can you post a photo on the .800 silver mark because on originals there should be tooling marks on the bottom edge and it looks like they are missing on this example.

Like you I also see things that look wrong such as the pin for example.

Comment

I don't know these well but when I saw it listed I was tempted,its a nice looking badge. So is this one a copy?!

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Fish View Post
            I don't know these well but when I saw it listed I was tempted,its a nice looking badge. So is this one a copy?!
            It's begining to look like it but more pics are needed to be sure.

Comment

Those two small blobs in the corner of the swastika on pic. 3, show it is a casting.
              (I assume the original was stamped)
              Regards,
              Pete

Comment

i think this one is a copy having just looked at the one in my collection

Comment

Original badges are of a very high quality which this does not appear to match. As already stated, the pin catch and hinge are wrong and the number is too!

Stan

Comment

Thanks for the help Guys and apologies for late response- I sent this one back as in hand a cast copy for sure

Comment

HH just sold a cased badge and stick pin for 3800 Euros plus 23% comm.

Comment

do you no the number erich?

Comment

Originally posted by transvision View Post
                          do you no the number erich?
                          The number of the cased badge sold by HH was "694".

Stan

Comment

Originally posted by ErichS View Post
                            HH just sold a cased badge and stick pin for 3800 Euros plus 23% comm.
                            In summer, one sold for 3000 Euro plus fees. Would have been nice to have, since I have all the other stuff from the original owner.

Comment

As we know, finding a cased GT badge along with the stick pin is damn near impossible so I don't think that the price paid was too far off the mark.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X