GeneralAssaultMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DJ Leistung badge...what does the number mean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DJ Leistung badge...what does the number mean?

Is it an award or issue number?
    Attached Files

it´s the serial number of all these badges awarded during the TR. This actually is a very late one.

Comment

Thanks. Guess no way to attribute it. Came in with some tinnies I bought.

Comment

Hi Andrew,

As Gregorio says, this badge was awarded later in the period; in 1943 to be more exact. Over on the Hitler Youth Forum I run a project aimed at attributing these badges. It relies on collectors pooling their resources and providing the original documentation that enables us to put a name to the badge. It is a project that will never achieve its aim because documentation simply will not exist for all badges but even if we only achieve a drop in the ocean it will still be useful.

The project can be found HERE but you would need to be a Full Member (equivalent to Association Member here on WAF) to view the lists. I can tell you though that your badge isn't currently listed there. However, with a little luck it may be possible at some point in the future to find out more on the boy who wore it.

Comment

Interesting! It's not a 'keeper' for me but I found it somewhat unique.

Comment

Off to estand, if anyone is interested just email me.
            wartime@wartimecollectables.com

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X