Flottenbund Deutscher Frauen badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flottenbund Deutscher Frauen badge

I bought this while ago but have not found it illustrated anywhere yet. In the Huesken catalogue the only ones shown for the Flottenbund Deutscher Frauen show the Imperial flag only. Has anyone seen this before? To me it looks like it is a period piece. The maker mark is a little unclear (H)(K)ecker?

Thanks
    Curt
    Attached Files

Personally, I cannot see any problems with it.

Cheers
    Don

Comment

Thanks Don! I agree it looks good. Just wish I could find it somewhere in a reference book.

Curt

Comment

I like them when they are not in the books. Wish it was mine.
        Pete

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Steinbach View Post
          Thanks Don! I agree it looks good. Just wish I could find it somewhere in a reference book.

Curt
          I wouldn't worry too much about it not being in a book. If you are planning to collect these small organisational badges you will quickly find that many of them will not be in any of the references. At the end of the day Hüsken's catalogue is just that, a catalogue of badges & pins that have passed through his store over the years or are of photos sent to him by other collectors asking for his opinion on them.

I have many badges that are not shown in any of the books.

Originally posted by Wood View Post
          Wish it was mine.
          Pete
          Me too!!!

Cheers
          Don

Comment

Originally posted by Don Scowen View Post
            I wouldn't worry too much about it not being in a book. If you are planning to collect these small organisational badges you will quickly find that many of them will not be in any of the references. At the end of the day Hüsken's catalogue is just that, a catalogue of badges & pins that have passed through his store over the years or are of photos sent to him by other collectors asking for his opinion on them.

I have many badges that are not shown in any of the books.

Me too!!!

Cheers
            Don
            Avery fine looking badge of inlaid enamel, and a great representation of the naval battle flag. a pleasure to see, thanks for posting.

Comment

That is a nice badge Curt and as several others have said I wish it was mine as well

Comment

Thanks to all of you for your comments. I guess I got a little wrapped up in the fact that I did not find it in any references. As a tinnie collector I should be used to the fact that there are tinnies/badges out there that have not been catalogued. I think it just threw me that there are similar ones but not this one. I figured membership badges would more likely be documented.

Glad you like it!

Curt

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X