Need help on this rare tinnie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help on this rare tinnie

I know these are rare, so I am guessing this is a reproduction, I just want to make sure. It does have the maker mark on the back but it is so hard to see so it does not show up on the pictures. Any help is appreciated.

I also forgot to ask what it is exactly. I know I have seen some for sale on dealers sites around 200 dollars, which is why I am guessing mine isnt original.

Comment

I don't think they are rare, just overpriced. Anyway look here.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=525953

Regards,
      Pete

Comment

I agree with Pete: this badge is not 'rare' in the same sense that the Coburg Badge or the Blood Order are truly rare, nor even in the sense that the GPB is rare -- being personally identified by its number on the reverse. There must have been literally hundreds of thousands of examples of this badge stamped out for the event, and your example appears to be 'ground dug' and is missing its pin -- both condition issues which greatly impact the value of a piece.

Having said all that, this badge does have its own unique personality and symbolism since it represents quite a major event in the life of the NSDAP. That event was the first annual commemoration of the Beer Hall Putsch after Hitler's appointment as Chancellor of Germany in 1933, and that made this most solemn annual pilgrimage to the Feldherrnhalle in Munich each November 8/9 a National Day of Obligation throughout Nazi Germany from 1933 onward.

November 8/9, 1933 was the tenth anniversary of the Putsch and the establishment of the so-called 'Martyrs of the Movement,' and that date also commemorated the tenth anniversary of the creation of Gau München-Oberbayern, the local regional NSDAP political headquarters. The events of these days in 1933 were to set a precedent for future observations for the next ten years, as the advent of WWII and the huge amount of bombing of German cities brought an end to massive outdoor public displays such as the annual pilgrimage to the Martyrs Memorial in Munich.

Apologies for chuntering on so long, but suffice to say that your badge carries with it a link to an event that changed the course of world history -- and I am not taken with hyperbole!

Br. James

Comment

Thank you for your help. Do you guys think this is original or a reproduction?

Comment

Again never mind, I did find 2 on his site for 90 Euro each, that might work if I cant find any cheaper.

Comment

Disregard that last post I meant to put that on another thread, please let me know if you think this tinnie is original or not though, thanks.

Comment

Yes, I think it appears to be an original piece, but I must also add that, IMO, it is not worth adding this particular piece to a collection. The condition as ground-dug is so poor that its value is next to nothing...except from someone willing to pay the asking price, whatever that may be. There are always fine examples of this badge available, and no NSDAP collection would be complete without one, so my counsel would be to pick one up through a reputable dealer. This piece is in "relic" condition and that is NOT a good thing!

Br. James

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X