Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frau badge reality check

Hey team,

I am considering the purchase of one or all of the following badges on e-stand.

The large Frau badges concern me, the two smaller ones look very good to me. Cone's book shows at least one variation of this larger badge has the coffin-shaped pin base, but it's marked RZM 48... Can anything be marked RZM without an M code? I've never seen that. The other large badge is marked Ges. Gesch., but I've never seen that pin before. Yet, that could be a private purchase pin.. seems too nice for a cheap fake. Also, the front of each badge has different lettering - i.e. the GHL are not centered perfectly in the white cross. They don't look like the obvious Frau fakes I've seen, but they concern me a bit.. Thoughts on these 4 badges before I complete the transaction?

Always looking for enamel badges & pins
    Michael

Hi Michael,

All four of the Frauenschaft badges look ok to me, though NSF has never been a particular focus of collecting/study for me. Both of the large badges appear to be of early manufacture, the second earlier than the first; they come from the time in the early 1930s before the RZM licensing system had fully come online in Germany. The first badge was made by Alfred Stübbe of Berlin; the seller is correct in listing its marking as RZM 46. Stübbe would soon add the 'M1' as the RZM system became further developed. The other, earlier, badge harkens back to the time when "Patent Protected" was carried by manufacturers for whom the term "Ges. Gesch." applied and is seen alone as well as in a variety of combinations with other markings. Hope these thoughts are helpful to you.

Br. James

Comment

That is not a "coffin-shaped" pinplate. It has flat edges and rounded ends - the coffin fake has flat clipped ends and bulges top and bottom like a coffin. No problem with the estand badge.

Stephen

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X