Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

party gold badge for review

Hello friends,
    I was offered this badge, but IMO this one is no good. These badges are not my field but according to what I have found on net, I have many doubts. I got only these two poor photos from the seller and would be pleased to hear your opinion.

Thank you for your help.

Dedman
    Attached Files

Based on pictures like this it could go both ways: good or wrong
    However the reverse looks well done...

Regards, Wim

Freedom is not for Free
    Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Agree with Wim. The lettering on the obverse looks suspect and a closer photo is needed to be sure.

Comment

Thank you very much for your input. I asked seller for better pics, so as I get them, I will post it here

Thank you

Comment

Based on the present photos, looks like a good one to me.

Comment

I am confident this one will turn out all right, with nice enamel.

Comment

I too like what I see so far, but clearer pix would be helpful. Also ask the seller whether the original holder of this badge number is known; this number does not appear on my list.

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
                I too like what I see so far, but clearer pix would be helpful. Also ask the seller whether the original holder of this badge number is known; this number does not appear on my list.

Br. James
                Thank you for help, but this badge - according to what I was told - was found during reconstruction of one house and the seller (who is a workman and doesn´t collect militaria) seems to have no idea what does the number mean

Does the fact that this number is not on your list should be considered as one of the red flags?
                Actually, I have no idea how big is your database of holders...

Comment

Originally posted by Dedman View Post
                  Thank you for help, but this badge - according to what I was told - was found during reconstruction of one house and the seller (who is a workman and doesn´t collect militaria) seems to have no idea what does the number mean

Does the fact that this number is not on your list should be considered as one of the red flags?
                  Actually, I have no idea how big is your database of holders...
                  The fact that the party number is not known is not a real problem. If it turns good you will have a nice, unatribbuted, military style pin GPB.

Regards, Wim

Freedom is not for Free
                  Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Wim is exactly right! Since the majority of GPB numbers remain as yet unattributed (to my knowledge), this badge would be among them. Attribution is no reflection on originality of a piece. That being said, if one does discover the name of the Party member who held that badge originally, it's value increases, often by twice -- and even more than that if the original holder was a historical figure in some way. Apologies if I have misled you in any way; it was unintentional.

Br. James

Comment

Ok, I hope I will be able to upload more pics as soon as possible.
                      I am still learning and I am always grateful if I can learn something new from more experienced collectors

Comment

Gpb

100% aok !!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X