S.A. Standarte 16 "Landshut" 1923/1933

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S.A. Standarte 16 "Landshut" 1923/1933

Quite an early style of eagle and swastika for an SA 1933 10 years commemoration badge, although it may of course be in deference and respect to the "Kampfzeit".

I think that the Standarte was within SA Brigade 81 (Regensburg), SA Gruppe Bayerische Ostmark.

Regards,

David
    Attached Files

Originally posted by David North View Post
    Quite an early style of eagle and swastika for an SA 1933 10 years commemoration badge, although it may of course be in deference and respect to the "Kampfzeit".

I think that the Standarte was within SA Brigade 81 (Regensburg), SA Gruppe Bayerische Ostmark.

Regards,

David
    Great badge, seems to me like a transitional period configuration with the early eagle and mobile swas. which would fit right under the wire nicely with the 1933 date. never took notice to that before, altho i have an early stickpin with that combination, in fact the same stick pin was posted here but with the national colors rosette attached which mine does not have, not to be confused with the much smaller one....in a common photo book,there is a closeup of Hitler,in a business suit, wearing one without the rosette , coming out of a building, in 1930 1931.which many collectors probably have seen somewhere. i don t remember which book it was in ,but all i remember is that it appeared to be flying right off his lapel.....apologize for the rambling, but some badges do that to me.........thanks for posting!

Comment

WOW- My grandfather was Hauptsturmführer in this Brigade.

Regards,
      Basti

Comment

Fantastic badge...

Mr Dagger, interesting link to the history!

Comment

Mr. Dagger did your Grandfather know the Strasser brothers, who were pharmacists?

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Weinand View Post
            Mr. Dagger did your Grandfather know the Strasser brothers, who were pharmacists?
            Hi Ron,

sorry, i dont know.
            My Grandfather was died on cancer in my childhood-i was only 6 weeks old.
            Im very sad, that i cant speak with him about the the old times.

So i have only a little informations from my mother, an my research at WAST Berlin.

He was Hauptsturmführer in 1934.
            He has a little shoe shop in Regensburg, but the people boycott him.
            I think because his early membership to the NSDAP?!
            About the boycott is no information....

So i have this informations in a handwritten Curriculum vitae of him.
            I dont understand this fact, because many people in germany are long years in the NSDAP and SA...
            My grandfather hasnt a problem with jews or so on...
            Maybe he was boycott BECAUSE he has 2 jewish men in the shop to help him?

If i get the Association Member, i'll show you some pictures from him and the SA in Regensburg if you want?

Best regards
            Basti

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Dagger View Post
              If i get the Association Member, i'll show you some pictures from him and the SA in Regensburg if you want?

Best regards
              Basti
              Yes, please !

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X