Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA Sportsbadge/Urkunde & Leistungsbuch

Gents,

I just got these Items in. All in almost mint condition, even the badge looks unworn to me (protective laquer on the front)...I'm not an expert on SA Badges so your opinion is appreciated. Thanks!

I do not know if it real, but it sure is pretty!

Comment

Originally posted by ethreecee View Post
      I do not know if it real, but it sure is pretty!
      Thanks, since I obtained it al together I guess it's all original and in mint condition, but as stated, I'm not an expert on these badges...

Comment

Maybe with a better shot of the back makers mark , someone with the same maker may be able to compare yours to theirs. I don't happen to have this particular maker in the ones I have, so I cant help much , but I do know next to the wound badge these are highly faked in massive preportions today.

Comment

Originally posted by juoneen View Post
          Maybe with a better shot of the back makers mark , someone with the same maker may be able to compare yours to theirs. I don't happen to have this particular maker in the ones I have, so I cant help much , but I do know next to the wound badge these are highly faked in massive preportions today.
          I'll try to post better pics:

Comment

And another one: stampings on the back are not very clear...

Comment

Maker is very hard to read... Is it "Fechner" ?
              Docs look 100% ok to me.

Best regards, Peter

Comment

Originally posted by peterm View Post
                Maker is very hard to read... Is it "Fechner" ?
                Docs look 100% ok to me.

Best regards, Peter

Hi Peter,

Yes, it's a Fechner...I think the badge was polished and then coated with a laquer to keep it "beautiful" ; i'll just remove the laquer to bring it back to it's original state.

The paperwork is in excellent, original condition.

Comment

Hi again !

Concerning the laquer I'm afraid You are right. Color of this badge changes from pic to pic, not easy to say, if it's a good one or not. Whole backside misses details (as letters of some makers sometimes do), especially on the left...

Kind regards, Peter

Comment

Originally posted by peterm View Post
                    Hi again !

Concerning the laquer I'm afraid You are right. Color of this badge changes from pic to pic, not easy to say, if it's a good one or not. Whole backside misses details (as letters of some makers sometimes do), especially on the left...

Kind regards, Peter
                    Thanks for taking the effort to respond, Peter

Comment

Hi guys
                      This set is nice, original and matching.
                      The maker is FECHLER from BERNSBACH/SA (Sachsen) and the missing details are normal for this maker

Greetz Grave

Comment

Originally posted by Overijssel View Post
                        Hi Peter,

Yes, it's a Fechner...I think the badge was polished and then coated with a laquer to keep it "beautiful" ; i'll just remove the laquer to bring it back to it's original state.

The paperwork is in excellent, original condition.
                        Stop don`t do such a nonsens. That is a normal bronce type from FECHLER and it is also normal that a few series by this maker was enameled with Zappon finish - the badge is in an excellent mint condition and very hard to find.

Greetz Grave

Comment

Leave this originl, wearing copy alone. It was probably purchased by the original owner as a back up to his numbered badge that would match the book and he opted to wear the numbered badge and kept the back up in unused condition.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Weinand View Post
                            Leave this originl, wearing copy alone. It was probably purchased by the original owner as a back up to his numbered badge that would match the book and he opted to wear the numbered badge and kept the back up in unused condition.
                            Hi Ron

all badges with award number over 1 000 000 was unnumbered.
                            An unnumbered badge is not implicit a privat, second piece (this is rather the exception)
                            In the most cases the badge was given a long time after the awarding and a lot of soldiers were in war at this time, so they never used the badge.

Greetz Grave

Comment

Thanks Grave, I mis-read the number and you are absolutely correct on the late issue pieces.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X