WW2Treasures

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gau München Erinnerungsabzeichen--Opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gau München Erinnerungsabzeichen--Opinions?

Here is my Gau München Erinnerungsabzeichen, or Gau Munich Commemorative badge...I know of all the different toss-ups between what the actual name should be

Besides the point. What are your opinions on this one? A long time member of the collection, thought it would be about time to get it looked at before it goes up for sale on the estand; well, considering its authenticity, of course.

Best regards,
    Finn
    Attached Files

Hi Finn,

Its a good one made even nicer with the Deschler name on the reverse

Stan

Comment

nice original

Comment

Thanks for the help, Stan and Dmv

Regards,
        Finn

Comment

Hi Finn,

Thanks for sharing your Gau Munich Commemorative Badge. I noticed that, on the reverse of the swas, there looks like a "O" or a "Q" at the end of the bottom arm in the photo. I have never seen this before that I can recall, nor does my own example of this badge have this mark, and I am wondering what others think of it?

Br. James

Comment

Hello there,

Great badge!

William Kramer
            Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
              Hi Finn,

Thanks for sharing your Gau Munich Commemorative Badge. I noticed that, on the reverse of the swas, there looks like a "O" or a "Q" at the end of the bottom arm in the photo. I have never seen this before that I can recall, nor does my own example of this badge have this mark, and I am wondering what others think of it?

Br. James
              This is the norm for these pieces by Deschler, sometimes it is very light

Comment

Originally posted by John T View Post
                This is the norm for these pieces by Deschler, sometimes it is very light
                And I agree, mine has this detail as well.

Comment

Hi Finn,

Br. James
                  Yes I have always wondered about that marking, I had never seen one before on any other badge...thanks for the help on that one

Thanks again for all of your compliments guys, much appreciated!

Finn

Comment

"This is the norm for these pieces by Deschler, sometimes it is very light."

Very interesting! Again, I have never noticed this feature before; any idea what it's there for or what it represents? When you use the word "norm," does that allow for original pieces without this feature...such as the example that's been in my collection for probably three decades? Have others noticed this as well?

Br. James

Comment

Perhaps post number 134 of the under noted "pinned" thread may be of some interest.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/FORU...=525953&page=9

Regards,

David

Comment

Thank you for reminding me of this piece, David. Now that I see it again I do recall the unique silvered version of this badge but I didn't initially notice the "O"or "Q" partially raised on that badge's reverse. Both John T and ETN seem to suggest that the presence of this mark is the 'norm' for this badge, though Finn is as struck by it as I am. As I asked in my last note below, does anyone have "any idea what it's there for or what it represents? When you use the word "norm," does that allow for original pieces without this feature...such as the example that's been in my collection for probably three decades? Have others noticed this as well?" I hope others who are familiar with this badge will add their welcome comments!

Br. James

Comment

Thank you for reminding me of this piece, David. Now that I see it again I do recall the unique silvered version of this badge but I didn't initially notice the "O"or "Q" partially raised on that badge's reverse. Both John T and ETN seem to suggest that the presence of this mark is the 'norm' for this badge, though Finn is as struck by it as I am. As I asked in my last note below, does anyone have "any idea what it's there for or what it represents? When you use the word "norm," does that allow for original pieces without this feature...such as the example that's been in my collection for probably three decades? Have others noticed this as well?" I hope others who are familiar with this badge will add their welcome comments!

Br. James
                          The example that is in the pinned thread, shown to us by David, is the first of any other gau that I have seen with this marking on the back. So I am sure that it is just a more rare characteristic, and doesn't mean that others without this mark are out of the 'norm' in any way.

Regards,
                          Finn

Comment

Originally posted by Rommel1942 View Post
                            The example that is in the pinned thread, shown to us by David, is the first of any other gau that I have seen with this marking on the back. So I am sure that it is just a more rare characteristic, and doesn't mean that others without this mark are out of the 'norm' in any way.

Regards,
                            Finn
                            I agree, though that majority I've handled/seen have had that feature. Maybe it's just in my own experience where others may have handled more without the flaw.

Comment

Here is an example purchased back in 1973 from an antique store in Innsbruck for 5 Shillings.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X