Lapel pin ID?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lapel pin ID?

Tried to find another example of this piece, without joy. Can anybody here identify this piece?

Regards,

Carl
    Attached Files

For whatever it is worth, there is a silver stickpin made by Deschler with a swastika with wings, which is a stickpin for persons in the airline business. The swas with wings in your stickpin, if they were separate and free standing would be a close match.

Comment

Thanks for your thoughts Gary.

Comment

Carl, this pin s probably for "Wehrabzeichen Landesverband Württemberg".

cheers
        Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Peter J. View Post
          Carl, this pin s probably for "Wehrabzeichen Landesverband Württemberg".
          I don't think so, as the shield at bottom center is the coat-of-arms for the city of Cologne (Köln).

Exactly what it is, I don't know, though.

Comment

I wouldn't dream of argueing with a German about a German city's coat-of-arms . This type of pin is illustrated in Hüsken's book together with 5 other DLV-pins (Deutscher Luftfahrt-Verband) with different designs. I made an incorrect quote though, it should read "Werbeabzeichen". Unfortunately the image isn't sharp enough to verify the actual coat-of-arms, but I assume this piece was used for illustration and that pins from other Landesverband's were issued as well.

cheers
            Peter

Comment

Thanks gents. The Koln connection makes sense, as that is exactly where the item came from.

Regards,

Carl

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X