Deutsch Ostafrika

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deutsch Ostafrika

In my opinion, this is a very interesting tinnie. The contrast is amazing.

From where have you got this?

Comment

Originally posted by Korgossen View Post
      From where have you got this?
      50 years ago,........Der Alte Oberst, LaJolla, Calif......I think, or Frank Yearic, Normandy square mart. it could have been Leo A. White Coins and his buddy John from Kensington Ave. Phila........Which is drug infested now!

Comment

Nice, an unusual one.
        What did tinnies cost 50 years ago, 25 cents each? I know it was roughly 4 $ to the £ back then. Campain shields were £1 each here. (weeks of pocket money)
        Pete
        Last edited by Wood; 07-11-2012, 08:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wood View Post
          Nice, an unusual one.
          What did tinnies cost 50 years ago, 25 cents each? I know it was roughly 4 $ to the £ back then. Campain shields were £1 each here. (weeks of pocket money)
          Pete
          Thanks Pete. Iwas hoping to find old collectors who visited these shops of the past and bring back memories....really they started at that price and went up to about $5 by the 70s some tinnies reached $10. Leo White for example displayed nazi regalia in his window. flags, daggers. you name it. the last thing i remember about that window was a first type early luftwaffe dagger for $40. about 1965 66.

Comment

For some reason here you could see army/luft/navy daggers at £3.50 (three pounds ten shillings then, a fortune) but SA daggers were £22!!
            A couple years after this I refused to buy a para helmet for £3.50 as someone had put a luftwaffe eagle on it and it was missing the chin cup (I thought it was English)
            Pete

Comment

Originally posted by Wood View Post
              For some reason here you could see army/luft/navy daggers at £3.50 (three pounds ten shillings then, a fortune) but SA daggers were £22!!
              A couple years after this I refused to buy a para helmet for £3.50 as someone had put a luftwaffe eagle on it and it was missing the chin cup (I thought it was English)
              Pete
              NOT far off. SA daggers here were$20 while SS were twice that. bought a beautiful nskk w frog and cerial no. on hilt for $40.......in 74. that was from Ron Shepherd of Penn coin shop 908 arch st. Phila.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X