No announcement yet.

Is this a Blood Order Ribbon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Jon, The uploaded photos of a buttonhole ribbon - what are they intended to show or articulate in relation to the mounted ribbon initiating this thread?

Also, would have retained photos of the reverse of the ribbon I showed previously, of the award you no longer own? It might be very helpful to see the pin and award catch on the reverse... Could we see them?

Thanx, Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Rick C View Post
      Hi Jon, The uploaded photos of a buttonhole ribbon - what are they intended to show or articulate in relation to the mounted ribbon initiating this thread?

Also, would have retained photos of the reverse of the ribbon I showed previously, of the award you no longer own? It might be very helpful to see the pin and award catch on the reverse... Could we see them?

Thanx, Rick

Rick,
      The button hole ribbon I posted was nothing in relation to your ribbon apart from my explanation that I was fooled by it [as well as the other bidders] until I had it in hand, and that does relate to the statement I made on your ribbon.
      Sorry I don't have a reverse of said ribbon,but if I did it would not automatically authenticate your ribbon as each must be taken on its own merits as I think Erich has said.

MODERATOR- Feel free to remove my images as they are not directly corresponding to the ribbon in question,my apologies.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Fish View Post
        I don't have a reverse of said ribbon,but if I did it would not automatically authenticate your ribbon as each must be taken on its own merits as I think Erich has said.
        Hi Jon, Sorry for the misunderstanding. I just thought that the configuration of the reverse - how the medal was held on - would be interesting to compare. My suggestion was to benefit collectors of this Order (which I'm really not among) rather than any other reason.

As to the subject ribbon - it's out today for authentication so it's really out of my hands at this point. If it turns out to be junk it will still make a nice 'filler' while I await the lottery ticket that might allow me to own one of these. If it turns out to be authentic then this thread and the detail of this type of odd-ball mount will benefit the guys here who can afford a Blood Order.

Thanx, Rick

Comment

I have inspected Rick's ribbon in hand and IMO it's 100% original.

A nice pick up Rick!

Comment

Thanx a bunch Erich! Very much appreciate your taking the time to help me on this.

Rick

Comment

I have the identical ribbon for a Blood Order. It is for wear on tunics without pockets.

Bob Hritz
              In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Bob, as always, you come out with the bare minimum, but such basic facts that are so valuable. I love it

I know nothing about Blood Orders, there might be 1 or 2 in NZ, probably none!!

After years, I still have soooooo much to learn, & this forum with all the World's expertise is irreplaceable.

Thanks, Tony
                Last edited by Tony C; 07-12-2012, 05:01 AM.

Comment

Just wanted to thank Erich again for his help.

He was not just kind enough to offer to look at the subject ribbon of this thread but also wouldn't even accept anything (even return postage) for his effort in spite of my protests.

I just thought the folks who read or are linked to this thread should know the kind of gentleman Erich is.

Thank you Erich and thanx to everyone else who participated.

Rick C.

Comment

Here are two that I myself bought directly from veterans many years ago.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X