Help with a Party Badge, please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with a Party Badge, please.

I'm trying to figure out what's up with this party badge.
    The RZM 1/128 on the back of the badge comes back to Eugen Schmidhaussler, Pforzheim.
    But the pin is stamped Paul Schulze & Co., Lubeck. I looked them up online and it looks like they are a tinnie maker and that their RZM should be 9/128.
    Is this pin a seperate construction then attached to the badge.......or is it a fake??

Pin replacement (in my opinion).

Regards,
    Kent G.

Comment

thanks, if you look at where the pin is attached up close, it does appear that it was re-affixed somehow

Comment

Hello
        Is a copie M1/128 is Eugen Schmidhäussle from Pforzheim
        regards
        Guy

Comment

An interesting piece! The badge looks good to me -- still nice and intact enamel work -- and the pin system does appear to be a replacement. The badge's manufacturer was the firm of Eugen Schmidhäussler of Pforzheim and it appears to have been made in the mid-1930s; the maker's code of RZM M/128 would indicate that the RZM system of manufacturing control by the NSDAP was fully in effect by the time of its creation, and that was the case from March of 1935. But the pin plate identifies the firm of Paul Schulze & Company of Lübeck as its manufacturer. What may have happened was that a local jeweler replaced the original broken/missing pin of the Schmidhäussler badge with one made by Schulze, without regard for what was stamped onto the plate. The Schulze finding was made a few years earlier than the Schmidhäussler badge, prior to the incoming RZM control system, but if it fit, why not use it?! After all, this was a repair job, not the sale of a new item. Once the RZM system was fully on-line, manufacturers' names were replaced by RZM license category codes and numbers. The most interesting part of this assembled piece is that the firm of Paul Schulze & Co. does not appear to have held an RZM license for the M/1 category -- manufacturers of metal badges and insignia -- but Schulze did have a license for the M/9 category -- manufacturers of festival & meeting badges -- and there is the link: Schulze would have also been making badges that required the same type of pin system that Schmidhäussler was making, though under a different license category. Interesting...!

Br. James

Comment

I'm afraid Guy is right. A fake that it made into Tuckers book "NSDAP enamel."

Regards, Wim

Freedom is not for Free
            Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Crap! I found it as a reproduction on another site....

Comment

Thanks, Wim...though I seem to recall a number of negative criticisms of the scholarship found in Tucker's book on NSDAP Membership Pins on these threads in the past...?

Br. James

Comment

It would be interesting to see what this makers fakes look like , to compare this one to, side by side. Since fakes are ,many times, copied from original versions, a comparison might be in order to see how close the match is , as many of the fake types with solid red enamels in the past ,have now been found original. This one seems to have some patina , and age to it , although the pin replacement issue seems speculation.

Comment

http://www.ioffer.com/i/nazi-party-b...chen-159756295

if you scroll down to the bottom of the above page, there is a replica pictured, that looks similiar to the one I bought.

Comment

http://www.germanwarbooty.com/item-m...rs%20mb661.htm

Here is another 1/128 on germanwarbooty.com... looks alot differnt. I don't know if that site sells authentic stuff or not. I wouldn't even know where to look online for purchases of authentic items.

Comment

Fake - widely available with the mis-matched pinplate and RZM code.

Fakers made a basic mistake - M1/128 is Eugen Schmidhäussler; M9/128 is P.S. Schulze & Co. for tinnies only.

These have been around since the early 2000s. One appears in my 2004 edition on RZM marks (now out of print).

Stephen

Comment

Dear friends,

Please note that the badge in Oasis' original note does not include the RZM code "M/9 128;" the maker's stamping on the pin plate is "P. Schulze & Co. Lübeck."

Br. James

Comment

I found an older discussion on another forum discussing 1/128 and 1/129 badges. About 3/4 down the page is my badge mismatched pin and all!

http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtop...03404&start=15

oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
                              Dear friends,

Please note that the badge in Oasis' original note does not include the RZM code "M/9 128;" the maker's stamping on the pin plate is "P. Schulze & Co. Lübeck."

Br. James
                              Exactly my point - the M1/128 code on Oasis's original pin does not match the name on the pinplate. The name on the pinplate did not have an M1 code - only an M9 license (M9/128), so it is wrong.

Stephen

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X