Help on pin please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help on pin please

I don't know if this the right forum but I haven't been able to find out anything on this pin. Marked ED SCHERM NURNBERG. Is it German or post WW2 U.S. made in Germany? Thank you
    Attached Files

An attractive piece; the cloisonne work is reminiscent of the quality of early NSDAP members' badges. The symbol seems to me to be associated with the Papal Crest, though without the Tiara surmounting it -- the Crossed Keys is an established symbol for Saint Peter and was adopted by the Roman Catholic Church early on, symbolizing the succession of the heirs of Saint Peter as Bishops of Rome. According to what I could find from a quick search of the internet, Ed. Scherm was a badge-producing firm in Nuremberg which operated in the 1920s and '30s, which would date this piece to that period...probably pre-1933 IMO. I have no clue as to the meaning of the initials -- assumedly "TRWC" or some other combination of the letters -- would indicate a defined group organized for some purpose within the RC Church, but I have no idea what that would be. I hope this is of help to you!

Br. James

Comment

Thank you Br. James for this information. This pin was in a group of TR tinnies,patches etc. I got years ago. I searched different combinations of the letters and couldn't find it.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X