Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions on SA sport badge in silver, please

Hello,
    here is my first SA sport badge. No number. I hope everything is OK.
    Any opinions are welcome.
    Attached Files

more
    Attached Files

Comment

An interesting badge, andrei. It appears to be a 3rd Issue Silver Grade sport qualification badge known as the SA Military Defense Badge (SA-Wehrabzeichen), as the name of this award changed with the issue of the 3rd series, and the 3rd series was issued without a control number, given wartime priorities. But nowadays, having seen a number of what I thought to be Silver Grade badges on WAF which turned out to be the Bronze Grade that were showing up as Silver due to photo lighting, I am hesitant to make that call! I trust to your understanding.

But there is another matter that causes me more concern, namely the lettering on the badge's reverse. In the first place, the word "Führung" is misspelled as "Fühpung," and this would never have passed muster during the period. And secondly, the last letter of the town of Saar=Lautern runs off of the space provided for it, and again, this would never have passed muster. For those reasons I would certainly not want this piece in my collection and I hope you can see my reasoning for that statement.

Best regards,

Br. James

Comment

Thanks for your opinion. It's really interesting information about the badge. More complected, that this badge I got from vet. family with many other items , which all are considered authentic . May be veteran added this badge after the war?
        Who knows, may be later war production and master didn't pay much attention for quality as suppose to.
        Somebody see this misspelling on another badges, if it's fake, they suppose to be around on the market.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X