The best GPB ever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The best GPB ever?

I have several GPB's in my collection but this new one ticks all of the boxes:

1. Low issue number (3538)
    2. Known recipient (Pg. Albert Teschemacher)
    3. Excellent Condition
    4. Perfect placement of centre disc
    5. Military-style pin

The best GPB ever? Probably not, but I just love it.

Stan
    Attached Files

The condition is superb Stan. Looks like he just gave it to you from his dresser drawer.

I am ambivalent about low isssue numbers. It is great to have a three digit, but suppose the guy has little background. On the other hand, I have a 70000 range one and the guy was in the Reichsleitung in Munich....Schwarz's secretary to be specific. And he was an SS officer who volunteered for the Waffen SS during the war. It would have been great to have his large badge like yours Stan, but I have to settle with the one pictured on his suit lapel. I think I would put owner background in the mix.

Comment

Hi Joe,

Actually the badge came with a whole file of info on the recipient who was a Sturmbannfuhrer in the SA. He was also the recipient of BO No. 1228 (SA-regt Munchen, 8. Komp.)

Stan

Comment

Yes, a very impressive badge Stan and when it can be matched to a BO holder it makes it that much more special!

Comment

Wonderful Stan

Jim

Comment

Comment

A real beauty, Stan...treasurer it!

Br. James

Comment

Awesome GPB.

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
                  Hi Joe,

Actually the badge came with a whole file of info on the recipient who was a Sturmbannfuhrer in the SA. He was also the recipient of BO No. 1228 (SA-regt Munchen, 8. Komp.)

Stan
                  Well you were lucky with that one Stan. And a beautiful large badge to boot.

My small GB #154 was also a BO recipient #875, but his file was a mere nine pages of ordering extra badges. With all those large badges he ordered, one would think I could find one to match the small one I have. Anyway, it appears that as an SA Sturmfuhrer he received a sinecure in the Reichsleitung in Munich were he passed papers around. Not much excitement there.

Comment

First class Stan, the only way to fly.
                    Regards
                    Michael

Comment

Perfect piece, Stan. Lovely to see.

Regards, Wim

Freedom is not for Free
                      Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Stan I know SW has owned that for a long time whilst searching for the Blood Order, and even checked with me I didn't have it before he sold the GPB,, maybe with luck one day we can find the Blood Order

Comment

Dear Stan

Not exactly "my cup of tea" by personal collecting interests, however a really quite superb example that you have shown here. Everything and more. Superb!

Regards,

David

Comment

amblivance

Originally posted by JoeW View Post
                            The condition is superb Stan. Looks like he just gave it to you from his dresser drawer.

I am ambivalent about low isssue numbers. It is great to have a three digit, but suppose the guy has little background. On the other hand, I have a 70000 range one and the guy was in the Reichsleitung in Munich....Schwarz's secretary to be specific. And he was an SS officer who volunteered for the Waffen SS during the war. It would have been great to have his large badge like yours Stan, but I have to settle with the one pictured on his suit lapel. I think I would put owner background in the mix.
                            Joe, Number 81 , Hitlers personal Secretary , original member of the Stosstruppe Adolf Hitler, member of Reichstag, badge has not been polished or cleaned in any manner .... sorry for the poor pictures camera or scanner is acting up
                            jim
                            Attached Files

Comment

"Originally Posted by JoeW

I am ambivalent about low isssue numbers. It is great to have a three digit, but suppose the guy has little background. On the other hand,......."

On the other hand you could have a low number and a guy with a file a 12 inches think and dripping with history like Jim does here. Don't fret the picture quality or condition of the badge. And thanks for sharing.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X