Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wirtschaftspolitik Event Badge

hi,

just picked up this Wirtschaftspolitik Event Badge and would like some opinions on it please.

wouldn't think the backing with ribbons is original, but that's how i got it.

text on the badge reads "6.GROSSER LEHRGANG DER KOMMISSION FUR WIRTSCHAFTSPOLITIK DER NSDAP" and "23-28 JANUAR 1939 MUNCHEN"

there is no makers mark anywhere but the artists mark looks like ".J" next to the eagle on the rhs.

it looks to be very well made and nicely gilded.

can't find anything like it. can anyone help.

cheers, del.

Last edited by glock26; 05-21-2012, 09:14 AM. Reason: typo

Original tinnie, looks a nice piece, its in the book, I've no information other than that.
    Regards,
    Pete

Comment

hi pete,

cheers mate.

is that the tieste tinnie book you're referring to?
      don't have one of those yet.
      does it just list all the known tinnies/badges or does it give any more information about them?

cheers, del.

Comment

tinnie

Looks good to me as well

Comment

Quite a striking and interesting piece, alright, and one which I've never seen before. The inscription -- The 6th great course of the Commission for Economic Policy of the NSDAP -- got me wondering what that was all about?! Info on the web tells me that the NSDAP's Commission for Economic Policy was headed by Reichsamtsleiter Bernhard Köhler in Munich; it was an organization which studied and promoted "economic race conflict." Köhler published a bimonthly magazine on behalf of the Institute for German Economic Propaganda titled "Wirtschaftspolitische Parole" -- Economic-political Watchwords -- and brought forth articles on the NSDAP's economic achievements in terms of consumption, performance, the need for 'living space' in Europe and elsewhere, and diatribes against Jews and "Jewish" forms of economic activity. I learn something new every day! Many thanks for bringing this piece to our attention!

Br. James

Comment

Nice one looks to be good quality, not sure about the ribbons
            Mametz

Comment

Originally posted by glock26 View Post
              hi pete,

cheers mate.

is that the tieste tinnie book you're referring to?
              don't have one of those yet.
              does it just list all the known tinnies/badges or does it give any more information about them?

cheers, del.
              Yes the last issue (2006 - 2 volumes) He gives no more information other than the basic material/materials (metal/wood etc.) that it is made from and some colour variations (gold, silver etc.)
              Anything other information you may wish to find is a web search.

Pete

Comment

here's a postcard from the 1938 event. must be one for 1939 somewhere.

and this page from the Wirtschaftspolitische Parole gives some idea of the unpleasant doctrine this organisation promoted.

"This chart is titled: "The people is master of its economy."

The text states that in 1870, Germans produced 50% of cloth, but only 5% in 1913. In 1933, the figure was 5.5%, rising to 22.3% in 1937. "Freeing of labor from the Jewish-capitalist yoke caused the increase."

Source: Die wirtschaftspolitische Parole 3 (1938), #12. "

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X