NSDAP 10year cross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by notned
    Thanks for the great pics, Phillipe. Can i send you the pic that i have and could you please post it here so it can be evaluated?

Also the one i am looking at seems to be one piece construction, now my question is...which is the more rare and which is the more desirable as far as the collector is concerned??
    Thankyou for your help...much appreciated!
    I have seen several one and two piece........the three piece i guess must be scarce as I wasnt sure that they existed.

Comment

I also own a three piece 10 years (zinker). Otherwise I wouldn´t have known either!

Yes, yes, yes, they are scarce and the heaviest, so the most desirable!
      Cheers, Frank

Comment

reverse, actually quite nice for a zinker:
        Cheers, Frank

Comment

WOW! Frank, you can sure post good clear pics!
          thankyou! and also thankyou for the info.
          Regards
          Paul

Comment

Frank, Would it be possible for you to post a shot of your medal from an angle so we can see where the wreaths are attached to the cross something like this.
            Attached Files

Comment

Here's a tenner that's two-piece constructed. The obverse wreath is attached. The reverse wreath is part of the medal.
              George

Comment

Reverse.
                George

Comment

I'm posting this picture for Paul (notned) our new member in New Zealand.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by George Stimson
                    Here's a tenner that's two-piece constructed. The obverse wreath is attached. The reverse wreath is part of the medal.
                    George any change of a weight indication on your badge.

IMO weight would be the decisive factor in determining if it's a one, two or three piece constuction.

@James, rest assured these are 3 piece constructions, problem is the opening between wreath and medal is impossible to catch with a scanner.

KR
                    Philippe

Comment

Here are a couple of two piece constructed crosses (bars) + the lower one being of the single type made in, what I take to be, Aluminium..

Hard to tell from the pic supplied by Paul, but I would go for it being the single, light weight type...

Now I've got to look out for a 3 piece...
                      Attached Files
                      Warmest Regards ... John

cimilitaria.com

Comment

Great thread guys. I know nothing about these, so forgive the stupid questions, but are all the multi piece ones Zinc? & what metal do the singles come in please?

Cheers
                        Don

Comment

Hi John,

After seeing your alu medal my best guess would be that it is one of those 3 layered Kupal constructions, comparable to the construction technique used on some of the RAD LS medals.

@Don, my best guess is that my 3 piece construction is made out of zinc.

KR
                          Philippe

Comment

Originally posted by Philippe DB
                            Hi John,

After seeing your alu medal my best guess would be that it is one of those 3 layered Kupal constructions, comparable to the construction technique used on some of the RAD LS medals.

@Don, my best guess is that my 3 piece construction is made out of zinc.

KR
                            Philippe
                            You could well be right, Philippe..

I wonder if there's a simpler way of telling if a particular piece is of multi or single construction, just from a full on photo... I've noticed that the multi constructed pieces have the 'eyelet' sitting on top of the frame as opposed to the single that has the 'eyelet' overlapping the frame..
                            Attached Files
                            Warmest Regards ... John

cimilitaria.com

Comment

weight

31.3 g.
                              George

Comment

@John: a good observation!

@James: you are right, never trust a German! But here are the pics for you. I know you guys love to "double check, just to make sure"!
                                Attached Files
                                Cheers, Frank

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                                X