Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S.A. Sternfahrt zur Niederschl. !!!!

What on earth is this ?

Fantasy, fake or possibly, something quite interesting ? My thoughts are toward a quite well executed fantasy item and if so, then the amount of work that has gone in to producing it is quite remarkable.

A brute of a badge by size and of course, incorporating three pin holes for attaching to a cars radiator or what ever.

Commemorating a Whitsun motor rally within Lower Silesia (SA Gruppe Schlesian [Breslau]) and with the SA on parade or participating. The former Liegnitz it would appear is now within south west Poland and in the central part of the former Lower Silesia.

As a fantasy item, surely it must be cast rather than die stamped and the semi blind reverse does not worry me in the least. This semi blind effect is found on certain die stamped belt buckles. The badge appears to be light gauge tin and I wonder, can this metal be cast?

Looking forward to some comments, although as I mentioned earlier, I am sure that we are looking at a fantasy item.

Regards,

David
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

I haven't seen this item before but it looks believeable to me, the overall appearance seems convincing.

Comment

i have never seen it but looks ok to me..

Comment

I don,t like the look of this, and the soft detail of the reverse reminds me
          of the fake tinnies that come out of Poland.
          Mametz

Comment

The reverse also turns me off and doesn't seem to be similar to others of these type badges from the same time period. Most I have seen for events like this are solid rather than hollow.
            Richard V

Comment

Many thanks for the varied responses chaps, however it would appear that the "jury is still out" on this one. My thoughts are still toward a fantasy item, however who knows? Hopefully and within the next few days I may be able to post some images of a definitely 100% original die stamped buckle which displays the same type of hazy and non mirror reverse detail which shouts out on this SA badge. As mentioned before, the reverse of this badge does not overly worry me.

Regards,

David

Comment

Here are images of an original SchuPo buckle in aluminium that has been manufactured by a die stamping process.

The clear indication that not all die stamped items have a sharp reverse mirror image.

Regards,

David
                Attached Files

Comment

i have the samebadge in my collection , and have seen somein the past , i find them also very ugly but why do they make fantasy items like these ? strange case
                  Attached Files

Comment

pic lot 2
                    Attached Files

Comment

As someone else has mentioned the softness of the reverse makes me think of the fake tinnies you see being sold. Don't know whether the design is a fantasy or what but to me I think the badge is not good
                      Duzig(Bill)

Comment

This type of badges comes from Poland !
                        Something for the tinnie collectors: On the last militaria fair in Kassel, I saw so well made copies where also the back was sharply detailed that I could only see that they were copies because of the smoothness of the needle !

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X