Tinnie question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tinnie question

Hello all. Can anyone help me ID these tinnies? I'm not sure what the bottom one is (coastal artillery piece) or if it would even be considered a tinnie . I'll be posting them for sale and need an idea of what to put in the description. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks
    -Chuck
    Last edited by para03; 07-24-2004, 10:55 AM.

The first one was for the mid-summer festival, which was one of the traditional German celebrations that was co-opted by the Nazis.

The second one is a French beret badge for fortress troops with motto that didn't prove true: "They Shall Not Pass".

Comment

I had no idea where I was going to begin researching these items until I found this thread. You've been a big help. Thank you very much for the info !
      -Chuck

Originally posted by VerKuilen Ager
      The first one was for the mid-summer festival, which was one of the traditional German celebrations that was co-opted by the Nazis.

The second one is a French beret badge for fortress troops with motto that didn't prove true: "They Shall Not Pass".

Comment

Here's another piece that came in the same group as the last 2 I posted. Does this one have any relation to the other French beret device? Maybe it was worn in conjunction with the other? Once again, thank you for your help !

-Chuck
        Last edited by para03; 01-05-2006, 04:01 PM.

Comment

This one isn't military. I don't know if it's still the custom, but hikers and mountain climbers used to buy souvenir pieces like this after they'd gone up various heights. These were pinned to wooden hiking staffs with tiny nails (that's what the two holes are for) and allowed the person a remembrance of their travels and a way to show off their accomplishments.

Comment

Thanks again!

-Chuck

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
            X