Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HJ Sporting event.

HJ sporting event badges, 1939-1941.
    Any further information and estimate on value/rarity would be much appreciated.

hj

hi the 1941 badge looks like repainted with silver colour with no pin value ? 100 % orginal value 150-240 eur the platic one without pin 25 eur

Comment

Originally posted by railhouse View Post
      hi the 1941 badge looks like repainted with silver colour with no pin value ? 100 % orginal value 150-240 eur the platic one without pin 25 eur
      Thanks for the reply railhouse, the ski badge was purchaced in 1971 in this state . it appears the fastener pulled away exposing the bare metal which tends me to believe that the rather cheap paintjob is original. like you ive had my doubts about the paint. the only thing that i can say is that the war needs caught up with the industry, hence a cheaper product, paying more attention to military awards........pure speculation

Comment

hj

hi the ones that i have and ones that i have seen they are in gilt silver

Comment

Originally posted by railhouse View Post
          hi the ones that i have and ones that i have seen they are in gilt silver
          Railhouse, i was hoping to see a better and truer example next to mine for the benefit of all of us. you opened my eyes to the extent of allowing me a less predudice view of the entire picture of my badge and yes i agree with you that it had been touched up for the simple fact that the ding on the obverse has perfect paint. is there anyway to restore this beast like getting the paint off! i learned in school that ask questions no matter how dumb they are!

Comment

Use acetone. (nail polish remover)
            Pete

Comment

It appears the badge on the right may have been repaired by re-assembling several pieces together or is showing, at very least, some serious stress cracks.
              Richard V

Comment

Thats how a lot of plastic badges look, not cracks, sort of flow line joins.
                Pete

Comment

Originally posted by Wood View Post
                  Thats how a lot of plastic badges look, not cracks, sort of flow line joins.
                  Pete
                  You are right Pete, in this case they are very fine and shallow stress cracks, on the otherhand i would tend to think that these grey plastic badges with this diecut configuration would be much scarcer than the white plastic ones that are more durable, and possibly had a better survival rate than the grey version

Comment

Originally posted by der bingle View Post
                    You are right Pete, in this case they are very fine and shallow stress cracks, on the otherhand i would tend to think that these grey plastic badges with this diecut configuration would be much scarcer than the white plastic ones that are more durable, and possibly had a better survival rate than the grey version
                    $40 bucks in 1971 should have bought an ss dagger

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X