Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1935 Kreis Donauwörth Tinnie

Hello to all,

I got this tinnie today in a lot with some other German items. The word tinnie seems inappropriate for this piece as it is large, heavy, and made of solid bronze. I have never seen this tinnie before so I'm thinking it's a scarce one. The piece is 41mm square and weighs 37.5 grams. The maker is Carl Poellath of Schrobenhausen.

Best regards,
    Tom
    Attached Files
    Mihi libertas necessest!

Here is the reverse:
    Attached Files
    Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

hi tyanacek

Your badge is in a very good condition, its a kreis badge for memberence of flag takeover and as forthrunner for the 39 model, the badge is pretty rarer. as i wrote they did use the model for a later abzeichen from 39 or actually a serie of " Kreistag der NSDAP " badges so both a kreis and a NSDAP partei badge, you can see some from the 39 serie from my collection in the pic below from same maker and the size of your badge matches these too so a pretty big abzeichen, the 39 serie is made acording to my knowledge only in a hollow model and not solid as yours.
      so imo congrat whit a early kreis badge not seen everyday

cheers mate

003.JPG

005.JPG
      Last edited by Carsten135; 02-17-2012, 07:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Carsten135 View Post
        hi tyanacek

Your badge is in a very good condition, its a kreis badge for memberence of flag takeover and as forthrunner for the 39 model, the badge is pretty rarer. as i wrote they did use the model for a later abzeichen from 39 or actually a serie of " Kreistag der NSDAP " badges so both a kreis and a NSDAP partei badge, you can see some from the 39 serie from my collection in the pic below from same maker and the size of your badge matches these too so a pretty big abzeichen, the 39 serie is made acording to my knowledge only in a hollow model and not solid as yours.
        so imo congrat whit a early kreis badge not seen everyday

cheers mate
        Hello Carsten,

Thank you for all of the information and for showing pictures of the 1939-series badges. You must have an incredible collection of tinnies. I had a feeling that this tinnie was something out of the ordinary. Thank you for confirming my suspicions. Here is a 1937 tinnie I found pictured in a book that also used the same basic design.

Best regards,
        Tom
        Attached Files
        Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

I have seen these tinnies in pictures before.. I always suspected they were rare but I have always liked them due to their design... Great pick up Tom!

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Rommel1933 View Post
            I have seen these tinnies in pictures before.. I always suspected they were rare but I have always liked them due to their design... Great pick up Tom!

Scott
            Thank you, Scott. I was really fortunate to get this piece.

best regards,
            Tom
            Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X