David Hiorth

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amongst the more common NSDAP tinnies...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amongst the more common NSDAP tinnies...

this one is my favorite. The only tinnies that are better then these are the SS tinnies and the highly uncommon ones that are authorized for wear on military uniforms. The heavy construction and the way that the pin is solidly attached make it a sure winner. When I found out about military shows and started going, this tinnie was one of the first items that I bought. Then I sold it and didn't have an example until I bought this one today.
    I am hopeful that this example is untouched and unmessed with...& oh yeah, original.
    Thamx,
    Tim
    Attached Files

Back
    Attached Files

Comment

It certainly looks original. The pin on the back has been repaired which is common for these.

Comment

i like these also.. theyre really nice in hand.... and the detail is crisper than enlarged photos would suggest.

Comment

Tim,

I agree with you; the Reichsparteitag 1933 badge has always been one of my favorites. I'd like to find one of the examples in silver!

I'm not sure that we can definitely say that the pin has been repaired. It looks like it has been resoldered, but I have seen so many of these with really sloppy solder jobs (the ones that don't have a pin mount) that I'm not convinced that they didn't originally come that way.

Here's one with a pin mount for comparison.

Best,
          Greg
          Attached Files
          sigpicFacebook "Tigers in the Ardennes" book page
          www.facebook.com/TigersintheArdennes

Comment

TP, a nice original example!

Greg, love your mm badge, they are pretty hard to find.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X