Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nurnberg 1929 badge

Quick question if I may?

Was wondering how many different makers were there of the 1929 Nurnberg (portable) pin back badge?

Originally posted by g hanson View Post
    Quick question if I may?

Was wondering how many different makers were there of the 1929 Nurnberg (portable) pin back badge?
    Only one maker, Hoffstader, Bonn

Comment

I agree--Ferdinand Hoffstätter in Bonn made both the small wearing badges of both solid and hollow construction as well as the non-portable plaques.
      Erich
      Here's Hoffstätter himself.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Erich Benndorff; 12-30-2011, 12:04 PM.
      Festina lente!

Comment

Hmmm.....I thought so, which is precisely why I found this very interesting.

Was Assman another manufacturer or a seller of Hoffstätters badges?
        Attached Files

Comment

I heard about this 1929 RPT badges made by Assmann, but I´ve never seen one of them. Anybody could show us one?

Comment

I'm sure that there may have been more than a few makers including Assmann of the later RZM badges. I was refering to the early badges from the event itself.

Comment

Assmann was notorious for selling reproductions!
              Seriously, I stand corrected. It makes sense that they would be offering early badges as they were one of the first manufacturers authorized to produce cap eagles, buttons, and other insignia per the SAVB. I've never seen one marked by Assmann but apparently there should be some. I wonder why they didn't use a manufacturer in Nürnberg?
              I don't have my badges at hand to see if the catalogue illustration appears to be from a different die than the Hoffstätter version--can anyone do a comparison?
              Erich
              Festina lente!

Comment

After doing a quick comparison with the pictue against my badge, it appears that all the buildings at the top of the badge are lower in hight than my Hoffstätter.
                Regards,
                Pete

Comment

It's also interesting that an honor badge would be shown among common tinnies in their catalog.

Comment

Could this suggest that the catalogue was printed prior to award status?

Comment

[QUOTE=g hanson;5044315]Could this suggest that the catalogue was printed prior to award status?[/

Who knows but if Assmann made them it would have to be after 1936 because I have never in my 40 yrs of collecting seen an early badge marked anything but Hoffstatter.

Comment

that catalog photo matches my hoffstatter RZM badge.

Comment

Originally posted by jerry c. View Post
                          that catalog photo matches my hoffstatter RZM badge.
                          Maybe Assmann was a distributor and not the maker of the badge?

Comment

did they do that?

i've seen 2 types of the hollow back.

one with a little blue RZM sticker only... and one stamped RZM 15... the pins were attached at a different spot also.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X