Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ever seen this SS piece before

Hello:

A friend of mine sent me these pictures. Seems to be possibly election related when you look at the date. Has anyone ever seen this before or have any information on it?

Thanks in advance
    Curt
    Attached Files

Not seen by me before but looks very poor quality
    Regards
    Mametz

Comment

Curt,
      A quick check of SS Abschnittes reveals the XXXXIII wasn't formed until 1940 and was based in Litzmannstadt.....so the 1933 date and overall design & markings are "suspect" to say the least......unless it was when a young Volksdeutsche joined the party and this was a later presentation.....but being SS I'd want some convincing provenance!

Never see another.....looks like an oversized "Rubber stamp" mark.....I'm far for convinced it's real! Just IMO, of course!
      John G.

Comment

Thank you gentlemen for your comments. I can certainly see how this looks like a "rubber stamp". The info on when the Abschnitt was formed is good and I likely could have figured that out if I wasn't so damn lazy.

I wonder if they may not have used one of the "rubber stamps" to make some sort of a "memorial" piece but I agree it would need more provenance.

Thanks again
        Curt

Comment

There is a stamp presently on the e-stand-

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=560978

Regards,
          Kent G.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X