Railway Collar Tab Device?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Railway Collar Tab Device?

picked this up with a large grouping of US insignia, one of the prongs is missing, I'm just wondering if it's Third Reich or post-war, and if it's original. I have no knowledge of this field, so I was wondering if any of you railway collectors could help me out? thanks
    Attached Files

i don't know much about this cap insignia - but is 100% original - i owned a silver one a while ago.
    nice one!
    christian

Comment

It's probably a collar emblem, not a cap badge. This was used in Germany before, during, and after W.W.II. However, it something of a generic railway and streetcar emblem used in a number of countries. I believe German companies exported some of the items they produced, so it may not have even seen European usage.

Comment

I'd imagine it was part of a vet-bring-back since it was with US stuff???

Comment

That's not a Third Reich German pattern, and before the war they used one wing on the wheel on collar tabs.

I'd say either non-German or post-war.

Third Reich type--

the gilt has ALWAYS evaporated off on these metal insignia, leaving gray base metal. There are prongs along the rim which bend over to hold the devices on securely.
          Attached Files

Comment

Guys this appears to be the cap device for a visor .Circa 1921-1924,these visors had a cockade on the band and another just above the band,then this style wing at the peak.I do not have a phot to share,the postwar wings did not have the sharp curve ay the "elbow" above the wheel.

Brad

Comment

German or European pre-war?

Comment

Brig,

Here is a scan from my DR reference.I belive your device is the same as the one here.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Brad Haner
                  Brig,

Here is a scan from my DR reference.I belive your device is the same as the one here.
                  I believe so too, now. thanks!

Comment

one more detail...

This insignia was in use from 1924 to 1934...
                    Michael

Comment

awesome, thanks

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                      X