Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deschler Kunst tinnies

Got a question.... are these faked?

Here I have 2 tinnies , both for 1937 art expo, both by Deschler. You can see clearly the difference in pin plates . Aside from that the one on the right is a bit smaller and lighter and definitely made of different alloy. Why would they do that?
    Attached Files

any idea why they would be 2 variations of the same tinnie for the same year and by the same maker?? Is one of them a fake? If yes, which one??

THX

Comment

Looks at the soft details among other things.
      Attached Files

Comment

Pinplates for both look correct - not a detail a faker would bother about in a $25 pin. Dies wore out on mass produced pins, or they used several to fill large orders. Both look fine to me.

Stephen

Comment

Originally posted by sjl View Post
          Pinplates for both look correct - not a detail a faker would bother about in a $25 pin. Dies wore out on mass produced pins, or they used several to fill large orders. Both look fine to me.

Stephen
          Very interesting to hear, I was just thinking about the pin plates, the thing bothered me.

I still wouldn´t personally want the soft one in my collection, and who knows, someone may be sitting on a big pile of original pin plates, that they might have paid 0 for, then it would be a perfect way to fool/throw of collectors.

Would be even more interesting to see how many other collectors has the softer version.

But of course it could be so simple that the first die broke and was replaced in a sloppy way......as suggested above.........

Comment

Here is another one with the round pin plate that's not too soft.
            Obviously, dies do wear out, but there are more differences in these two variations then just a sharpness of the die strike. What bothers me is that the once with a round pin plate in most cases are close to mint.
            Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X