Donation badge - German-American Bund

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Donation badge - German-American Bund

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong Forum.

I have this German-American Bund (Amerikadeutsches Volkbundes) donation badge in my collection.

Winterhilfe (Winterhelp) 1937-1938

Diameter one inch/2,5 cm

What do you think about it, and what's the value of this badge.

Attached Files

Hello
    The badge I've never seen will you sell it ? I'm interested
    regars
    Guy

Comment

Dear cemifor,

I haven't seen this piece before, so I checked through Scott Freeland's new book on the subject of the German-American Bund and related organizations in the USA, "They too were Americans," though to no avail. You might try sending Scott an email note with a photo of your badge; his email address as published in the book is bundhistory@gmail.com. Best of luck with this piece.

Br. James

Comment

Thank you for the information. I have sent a mail today.

Best regards,
        Henrik

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
        Dear cemifor,

I haven't seen this piece before, so I checked through Scott Freeland's new book on the subject of the German-American Bund and related organizations in the USA, "They too were Americans," though to no avail. You might try sending Scott an email note with a photo of your badge; his email address as published in the book is bundhistory@gmail.com. Best of luck with this piece.

Br. James

Comment

It's a fine original. Here's mine.

Cheers
          Don
          Attached Files

Comment

I have received this information from Scott Freeland, author of "THEY TOO WERE AMERICANS" The German American Bund in Words, Photos, and Artifacts:

"An example of this particular pin can be found on page 269 of my book.

It is still to my way of thinking a pretty nice item and really a rarity because the US Gov. put many Bundists in camps during WWII and many other members destroyed their items so it is hard to find "Bund" artifacts.

The pin itself in answer to your other question was given to those members of the German American Bund that made a contribution to the German "Winterhilfe" charity for the poor of Germany at that time. Many Bund members here in the USA as I am sure you know still had family living in Germany at the time."

Comment

Dear cemifor,

Many thanks for sharing Scott Freeland's response to your inquiry. Scott is obviously much more familiar with the enormous amount of information provided in his book than I am, and for good reason! I now see this piece on p.269, just as he said, and greatly appreciate knowing his response.

Br. James

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X