WHW Nov '33 door Plaque & Pins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WHW Nov '33 door Plaque & Pins

The Door Plaque and Tokens from the November 1933 WHW collections.....

Attached Files
    RonR

Attached Files
    RonR

Comment

Attached Files
      RonR

Comment

Hey Ron,

I love the larger plaque! I have only seen one of these in my time as a WHW collector and it was attached to the front of an album. It stands to reason though that it could very well be used as a door plaque.

Something I'd love to have in my collection someday!

Chrys

Comment

Hello
          There is also a variant of this badge I have them all in my collection, unfortunately I can not set pictures
          regards
          Guy

Comment

Hello Guy,

Was this the one you were talking about?

Chrys
            Attached Files

Comment

yes and a have a different variant of the door badge
              http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/64/tp2ns.jpg/
              Last edited by Winterhilfswerk; 10-28-2011, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Hi,

I have the same "Door Plaque" as posted by Ron.B; but it is in the form of a circular paper disc without any metal backing.
                Picked it up in central Germany with several other paper discs about five-six years ago.
                Most are rubberstamped by the NSDAP Gau Westfalen, which is the general area where I bought these items.
                Wonder if these are "unissued" door plaques before they got to the stage of being placed in a metal backing?
                Would love to know more about WHW, a particular interest of mine - but where do you start?
                There are thousands of items available, mostly quite cheaply {especially in Germany) but apart from the Tessin books very little information seems to be available.
                Just an novice, but would love to have advice on WHW items.

Best regards,

John

Comment

Originally posted by feldpost 58 View Post
                  Hi,

I have the same "Door Plaque" as posted by Ron.B; but it is in the form of a circular paper disc without any metal backing.
                  Picked it up in central Germany with several other paper discs about five-six years ago.
                  Most are rubberstamped by the NSDAP Gau Westfalen, which is the general area where I bought these items.
                  Wonder if these are "unissued" door plaques before they got to the stage of being placed in a metal backing?
                  Would love to know more about WHW, a particular interest of mine - but where do you start?
                  There are thousands of items available, mostly quite cheaply {especially in Germany) but apart from the Tessin books very little information seems to be available.
                  Just an novice, but would love to have advice on WHW items.

Best regards,

John
                  Hello John,

You describe the tradition door plaques that were issued early in the WHW campaign. The type of door plaque that Ron and Guy are showing is a 'sonder plaque' or special plaque...not the norm and pretty rare. Stamped versions of the paper/cardboard door plaques are a little more valuable than ones that are not stamped...size is what makes some of these rarer than others.

You can check out a new WHW reference book that myself and Joseph Cassidy have just put out. It features an example from every piece in the RSS (National Street Collection). All photos are in color and the info is in English.

Check it all out here @ www.winterhilfswerk.com

All the best,
                  Chrys

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X