Gutted at missing SS Tinnie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gutted at missing SS Tinnie

Well it's official purchasing tinnies on a daily basis has for the moment halted my cash flow. This daily addiction to tinnies has to stop (at least for a while). Hence why I had to pass on this SS tinnie (pictured Below) priced at 140 euro
    Attached Files

When the goose lays the Golden Egg.... grab it !!!

Sheer arrogance defeated me once again as I did not think another Collector would pay the asking price of 140 euro hence I could purchase this later................I was wrong

Reverse
    Attached Files

Comment

I wouldn´t call it a SS-tinnie, but still a nice and rare Nsdap day tinnie for kreis Limburg.

First rule of manic collecting, never hesitate to buy something that your are missing

Been there, done that and got the t-shirt

Comment

would rather be Pennyless than tinnieless

Originally posted by Peppe864 View Post
        First rule of manic collecting, never hesitate to buy something that your are missing
        It is the first time in my life I have hesitated and just look where it has got me...............Tinnieless ............................where do I get my T Shirt from

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Harding View Post
          It is the first time in my life I have hesitated and just look where it has got me...............Tinnieless ............................where do I get my T Shirt from

I'd say it's an SS related tinnie, as it is also SA related. Interesting that it is for an NSDAP day and these are the only organizations featured on the badge. Don't sweat it, these come up on a regular basis.

Comment

Tinnie

And I thought I got gouged when I paid $115 for the same one off the Collectors Guild. But like a idiot I paid for it anyway and it is not a uncommon tinnie.
            Jack Neeley

Comment

Don't feel bad, I paid 125.00 for mine.

Comment

tinnie

Where were you guys when I put mine up for sale and only got $60.00 for it???

Comment

I think it is the SS runes that drives up the price, but imo NOT a SS-tinnie. But still a nice looking one and that in combo with the runes makes it attractive for a wider field of buyers and this affects the fact that these might be scooped up faster than the regular Tag der Arbeit Tinnies, which can create the illusion of it being a bit rare. I would personally say mid-rare, BUT tinnies are very hard to judge regarding rarity since so many were made and even in different version and so on..........................

Comment

SS Tinnie

Hi Martin .....

I have to come clean For it was I that stole your glory .....
                    I am a collector of early years of the SS and this was there for the taking.
                    One thing I have learnt in this collecting malarkey is dont hesitate as it wont be there next time.
                    There is always some one behind you. Me !
                    Sorry buddy it's a nice item and much bigger than first thought
                    Regards
                    David
                    Last edited by Stossgruppe3; 10-12-2011, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stossgruppe3 View Post
                      Hi Martin .....

I have to come clean For it was I that stole your glory .....
                      I am a collector of early years of the SS and this was there for the taking.
                      One thing I have learnt in this collecting malarkey is dont hesitate as it wont be there next time.
                      There is always some one behind you. Me !
                      Sorry buddy it's a nice item and much bigger than first thought
                      Regards
                      David
                      Hello David. just to let you know I forgive you and grant you Absolution but only because I finally came across another example of the SS tinnie and on this occassion I pounced.............below I have posted a Picture of the obverse
                      Attached Files

Comment

That took a while ! A quick Google search shows these to be readily available for purchase ?

Comment

Originally posted by der-hase-fee View Post
                          That took a while !
                          By my standards you not kidding

Comment

Does anyone collect only SS tinnies? If so, do share your collection thru pics!

Mil

Comment

Originally posted by Military View Post
                              Does anyone collect only SS tinnies? If so, do share your collection thru pics!

Mil

No more pictures - fakers are watching !

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X