Swastika Free Tinnies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swastika Free Tinnies

As a collector of Imperial and pre-Nazi German medals I have never been too hot for tinnies. Even so I would like to share a few that I have acquired over the years with you before I dispose of them. Starting at top left: Hessian Life Dragoon Regt No.24 which was a Darmstadt unit. German South Army, Carpathian Watch 1914-1915. Sonthofen Mountain artillery and Jaeger Battalions day 13-14, Sept. 1924 featuring St. Barbara. Hannover Regiments day for the v. Scharnhorsters (10<SUP>th</SUP> Artillery Regt.) 12, June 1927. Darmstadt monument dedication to the Hessian Artillery and their Dead 3, July 1927. Erfurt Thuringian Foot Artillery Regt. 18 Regimental Appell 21-23, May 1927. Cologne 3<SUP>rd</SUP> Waffentag of the German Field Artillery 1934 As usual any comments on rarity, value or interesting facts are always welcome. Thanks Fred
    Attached Files

Fred,

Very nice collection! I used to have an example of the Darmstadt Hessian artillery one, and a friend told me back then that the monument is still in Darmstadt, though the grenade has been broken off. I'll try to find out more.

Thanks for showing!
    Greg
    sigpicFacebook "Tigers in the Ardennes" book page
    www.facebook.com/TigersintheArdennes

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
    X