No announcement yet.

Pair of gold party badges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whoever this fellow is he's on a run with a load of bad badges from Imperial to TR.

Comment

Actually - no idea if the story is true or not. These 100% original badges were placed with us on consignment, and found a great home.

Comment

Clarification

I will attempt to clarify the misgivings here.

On the way home from a trip out of state I bought six bags of “Nazi pins” from people who didn’t have a clue as to what they were. I’ve attached six photos of the raw material.

I paid from $85 to $150 for each, $685 for 63 “pins” an average of a little under $11 for each “pin”. I haven’t a clue as to how they set the prices and wasn’t about to ask. Good or bad, it seemed to be worth the price.

I’m no expert or even close, so I checked with different internet folks to determine whether they were real or Memorex. Some were good, some weren’t, but I ended up sending the gold party badges to Craig and it looks like they covered not only the cost of all the “pins” but my gas as well.

…Well, at least they will, as soon as Craig sends me the check. (Just kidding Craig. Did you say your commission was 5%?)

I enjoyed the remark made by Brian S.: “Whoever this fellow is he's on a run with a load of bad badges from Imperial to TR.” My wife, however, enjoyed it far more than I—she laughed so hard she got the hiccups.

A very wise man (I think it was either Don Imus or Robin Williams) once said: “Ya gotta kiss a lot of frogs before you find the enchanted princess.”

So, worst case scenario: 61 frogs and one absolutely beautiful set of twins.
        Attached Files

Comment

Clarification 2

Bags 3 and 4
          Attached Files

Comment

Clarification 3

I kissed a lotta pins.
            Attached Files

Comment

Great photos - it does go to show that even in a bag of possible "junk" some treasures can be found. Reminds me of the story of a guy I saw at a show, selling a table full of bad pieces that he apparently, had inherited. He knew they were bad, but wasn't telling anybody. Just as soon as I bought the two GENUINE cased Luftwaffe Honor Roll clasps from him for a few hundred bucks a pop, he folded up his table and slinked out of the show hall, confident that he'd bagged his pray for the day.

Congrats on the sale - a fine pair of badges!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X