S.A. Gruppe Berlin Brandenburg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S.A. Gruppe Berlin Brandenburg

Perhaps an event pin not being in the best of condition, however having said that, one that I am finding difficult to upgrade.

Appears to be a 1938 event.

Regards,

David
    Attached Files

Reverse
    Attached Files

Comment

hi david

yes this particulare badge IS hard to find in a acceptable condition, it took me some years to find this badge in a good or ok condition, i do belive its one of the first badge made in war zink while most of the good material was used for buildup the war industrie or preperation for war. imo 90% of these badges is in the condition you show. As i said it took me some time to get a ok one using collectors hunt...... let the first one pass, take the next in line and whit patience and money enough youll succede. well here it is whit most of the org. collors and in ok condition.

cheers mate

003.JPG

007.JPG

Comment

Many thanks for this very useful information Carsten and the explanation as to why I am finding it so jolly hard to secure one of these badges in what can be loosely described as in reasonable condition.

The conundrum is that the badge that I hold, shows a lot of the original silver paint to the obverse. A bashing in an ultra sonic cleaner would certainly remove the dark spots, although the original finish would be instantly stripped off!

Perhaps one to hold in this condition until a better example eventually surfaces.

Regards,

David

Comment

hi david

Year il def. keep it, yours is a better one in this model i have seen them in much worse condition and be accepted, i even seen some whit vaseline which is the right way to preserve a zink badge but imo imm against "mengle" whit historical objects, ill let it be as it is.
          Its only a matter of time before you meet a badge in a good kvality, which i know both you and i prefer.

cheers mate

Comment

Dear Carsten

Indeed, a "keeper" for the moment at least. Many thanks for your comments and by the way, some of my zinc SA Abz. have and by sheer panic necessity, been subjected to the indignity of receiving a thin layer of Vaseline!

Regards,

David

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X