Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

small iron cross pin?

Hey guys,

can someone tell me what this is? i bought it at a local antique shop. This pic makes it look a little choppy, but its a lot better looking in person.
    Attached Files

Could you show pictures of the back and such? It might be something for veterans. Doesn't look like anything that would be awarded while on active duty. Is there any markings such as makers mark, etc?

Cheers
    Brian

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply, I just took a closer look at it, the pin itself has nothing on its back. But the part that screws onto it has very very small markings on it.

I read it as:

PAT NOV 1 --- 11

Now i'm thinking its not german at all

Comment

Hi
        looks like a possible attempt to portray as a minature of the star of the grand cross to the ironcross, but more info needed, any dates on the cross, maker marks + better pictures definatly required.

Ashley

Comment

I am out in Ohio at the moment so i used the scanner that i had available. I can try to get better pics when i get home.

thanks again for input

Comment

The patent date sounds like one I have seen on a "butterfly clutch" type pin backing. I've usually found these on American made pins.

Regards,
            Kent G.

Comment

Could it be something made for a veteran immigrant that was in the military if it is a US Maker? Pictures of the back please!!

Cheers
              Brian

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X