Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1931 SA Treffen Braunschweig Badge

Hello all,

I have this one for your opinion. It is a 1931 SA Treffen Braunschweig Badge by Assmann, RZM marked 17. I have been doing some research on these and it looks like a good 2nd pattern to me with typical pin setup. As always, opinions are welcome.

Thanks,
    Chad
    Attached Files

Dear Chad

In my opinion, quite original and a badge with what I personally think is a highly desirable set of markings. I hold one similar which has been shown on the forum and confirmed as original.

Regards,

David

Comment

I like it

Comment

Thanks for the confirmation guys! Im very excited with this piece. Very interesting piece of history

Comment

nice to see ,specially with the rzm markings. condition looks real good too. nice find. jeff

Comment

Nice one my friend...that is one I have been searching for for quite a while just never able to find one that suited me.

Chris G.

Comment

Looks good! A very nice example indeed, espcially the markings. I am quite happy to own one myself. Mine however does not have that many markings.
              Our Mothercross project website:

sigpic

http://dasmutterkreuz.com/

Comment

Solid

What about the solid ones marked M1/17 Cesh Gesh and RZM? So called Type B.
                I've seen them at places like "German War Booty" what is his reputation?
                Last edited by Jimmy; 08-07-2011, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
                  What about the solid ones marked M1/17 Cesh Gesh and RZM? So called Type B.
                  I've seen them at places like "German War Booty" what is his reputation?
                  Jimmy, the sold RZM badges are legit pieces. the M1/17 badges were made by Assmann. With that being said, there are fakes out there so be careful.

Comment

I've never owned this Type B 17 before and see that the Ges Gesch has a boxed stamping around it. No cause for concern, but is this a textbook piece?

Jimmy, there have been many fake solid backed Type B pieces around.
                    Of the things to note, one of them is to observe how the pins are crimped or soldered onto the badge.

Mil

Comment

Bad

I think this one must be bad. The holes are not IMO casting bubbles but rather corrosion.
                      Any way here is the back and I will vote for fake.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Dear Jimmy

The reverse of one that I hold - for comparison.

Regards,

David
                        Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the nice comments and help guys

Comment

Jimmy, the M1/17 variant is usually in alu form. Yours seems to be of another material? Do you have a front photo of it?

Mil

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X