No announcement yet.

Gold Party Pins In Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Honorary GPB to Hermine Herrmann -- while similar to the matched set awarded to von Brauchitsch in terms of the hand engraving -- does not exist in the Patzwall book on the Honorary GPB. There is no such person listed.

Br. James

Comment

I don't like either badge and the Fuess example shows the same traits as all the Austrian fakes that we have been seeing as of late.

Comment

Dear Andreas,

That silver Party Badge w/Hitler signature on the reverse which you offered in post #15 below hit a familiar chord -- though I couldn't remember exactly where I had seen in previously, until now. On page 67 of the classic Littlejohn and Dodkins work, "Orders, Decorations, Medals and Badges of the Third Reich" (1968) is a photo and vague description of an almost-identical silver badge; the only difference I can see is the engraved AH signature appears to be ever-so-slightly different between the two examples. For me, I have never liked the look of this badge -- and I've had my copy of the Littlejohn/Dodkins book in my library for over 40 years -- mainly because the pin system resembles cheap jewelry found in the USA and elsewhere to the present day. Has anyone ever seen this badge in wear in a photo? I have always thought that Littlejohn's description of this piece sums it up: "No statutes for this award have come to light and it is possible that none ever existed" -- and perhaps this badge really never existed, either?!

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
          Dear Andreas,

That silver Party Badge w/Hitler signature on the reverse which you offered in post #15 below hit a familiar chord -- though I couldn't remember exactly where I had seen in previously, until now. On page 67 of the classic Littlejohn and Dodkins work, "Orders, Decorations, Medals and Badges of the Third Reich" (1968) is a photo and vague description of an almost-identical silver badge; the only difference I can see is the engraved AH signature appears to be ever-so-slightly different between the two examples. For me, I have never liked the look of this badge -- and I've had my copy of the Littlejohn/Dodkins book in my library for over 40 years -- mainly because the pin system resembles cheap jewelry found in the USA and elsewhere to the present day. Has anyone ever seen this badge in wear in a photo? I have always thought that Littlejohn's description of this piece sums it up: "No statutes for this award have come to light and it is possible that none ever existed" -- and perhaps this badge really never existed, either?!

Br. James
          I have never seen a photo with the silver badge in wear and feel that it's a fantasy item.

Comment

The Honorary GPB to Hermine Herrmann -- while similar to the matched set awarded to von Brauchitsch in terms of the hand engraving -- does not exist in the Patzwall book on the Honorary GPB. There is no such person listed.

Br. James
            My friend,

The badge from HH was "attributed" to Hermine Hoffmann, not Herrmann.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon-Olav Holden View Post
              My friend,

The badge from HH was "attributed" to Hermine Hoffmann, not Herrmann.
              My bad, thanks for the correction!

Comment

Yes, thanks for the correction, friends, though the problem remains the same: there is no listing for Hermine Hoffmann in Patzwall's list of the recipients of the Honorary GPB, either. Don't know what to make of this piece...

Br. James

Comment

Dear Erich,

Thanks for your comment on the silver Party Badge, and I tend to agree with you that it has always been a fantasy piece...though it does have a long history, which doesn't mean that it was ever really created or presented in the TR period. Any other comments out there?

Br. James

Comment

Thanks for your comment on the silver Party Badge, ...

Br. James
                    Br. James,
                    as far as I know, the "silver" badge is the one shown below. Used to be one of Snyder's treasures, maybe still is.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Dear Andreas,

Sorry, my friend, but I don't understand your last posting. Are you saying that the silver Party Badge you pictured is from Charlie Snyder, and are you also saying that it is the same badge shown in the Littlejohn & Dodkins book? If so, the engraved AH signature appears to me to be a bit different when comparing the two, particularly the "Adolf." And what does the Deschler GPB you also pictured have to do with it? Again, I cannot follow the connections here! Sorry!

Br. James

Comment

Are you saying that the silver Party Badge you pictured is from Charlie Snyder, ...
                        Correct, at least as of MAX 2009.

... and are you also saying that it is the same badge shown in the Littlejohn & Dodkins book?
                        No.

And what does the Deschler GPB you also pictured have to do with it?
                        Snyder is/has been offering it as the model of a Silver Party Badge, in contrast to the Golden Party Badge, I believe suggesting these were meant for members with party numbers between 100,001 and 200,000; never was approved, supposedly. I have no idea whether this story carries any merit or not. I believe this one has no engraving on the reverse.

You have been referring to the GPB for foreigners (gold grade) as a silver Party Badge, that's all.
                        Last edited by der-hase-fee; 08-20-2011, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Many thanks for your clarifying response, Andreas; I now understand your first and second notes...but I still don't understand your third comment: "You have been referring to the GPB for foreigners (gold grade) as a silver Party Badge, that's all." I guess I don't know what you mean by "...the GPB for foreigners (gold grade)..." Can you clarify further? Sometimes it seems like English is NOT my first language!?!? Sorry to be so obtuse, my friend!

Br. James

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X