Warning: session_start(): open(/var/cpanel/php/sessions/ea-php74/sess_10774197a90535a8db0d071b37f9f3db1bc797a4102a106b, O_RDWR) failed: No space left on device (28) in /home/devwehrmacht/public_html/forums/includes/vb5/frontend/controller/page.php on line 71 Warning: session_start(): Failed to read session data: files (path: /var/cpanel/php/sessions/ea-php74) in /home/devwehrmacht/public_html/forums/includes/vb5/frontend/controller/page.php on line 71 Wehrmacht Plaque??? - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums
UniformsNSDAP

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wehrmacht Plaque???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wehrmacht Plaque???

Hi all,

Can anybody tell me what this item is?

Is it genuine, replica or a fantasy piece?

A friend of mine picked it up at a flea market on the outskirts of Krakow.

Thanks

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...s/DSC_0027.jpg

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...laque_Back.jpg

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...s/DSC_0032.jpg

A nicely done recast of some sort of veterans badge. Notice the back is over filled.
    Some questions, such as where is the pin; what do you do with this thing otherwise?
    IS that corrosion on the soldier's neck or a spot where the paint (?) didn't take?
    The phrase BERLIN 1940 is poorly stamped in afterwards. The 'R' is a 'P' with a dash added; and the '0'is made from an upper & lower case 'U' sort of ene=to=end.

Comment

It's a recast of a Postwar plaque with the Army Cap eagle added to make it more valueable....typical East Block Flea Market material....hope it was very cheap...NOT ORIGINAL but would have some display interest to some.
      John G.

Comment

Thanks guys!

It is not mine but I will surely pass on the info! I was also thinking it was a cast because you can see pitting in the surface, but being a cast does not mean being fake.

I will check if it is paint or corrosion. On the rear, are they filing marks where they tried to smooth out the edges?

John G - do you know the original post war plaque this is based on?

No idea what was paid for it myself!

Comment

Originally posted by Mainemilitaria View Post
          It's a recast of a Postwar plaque with the Army Cap eagle added to make it more valueable....typical East Block Flea Market material....hope it was very cheap...NOT ORIGINAL but would have some display interest to some.
          John G.
          Ya, I thought it was a pin. Didn't notice the size ratio with the coin.
          IAC.

Comment

He told me about 20 euro was paid for it and that the green spot is oxide.
            Here is a picture in hand for better size perspective.

I just noticed myself that the eagle does not have any sharp definition.

Strangely the seller told them some items were replicas and sold them this "original" piece

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X