Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reiter plates and badge.

hello,
    Here are two reiter plates, I think one bronzed and the other golded. Do you think they are OK ? What about the badge? Thanks for comments, Claude.
    Attached Files

Golded one
    Attached Files

Comment

and the bronzed one
      Attached Files

Comment

What are the measurements of the plates?

Comment

Hello Claude,

the plates are both original but sadly both are missing their wooden background with the reverse erector.

The badge (youth riding badge) is a cast copy.

Best Regards

Max_Porter

Comment

Hello,
            Nice plaques you have there. I have a silver one like those. According to Angolia these were given for outstanding achievement in the care and handling of horses. I don't want to hijack the thread but does anyone know the criteria for the awarding of the honor plaque for horse breeding? I haven't seen too many of these honor plaques around and so far can't get much information on why they were awarded. In any case nice plaques you have there.
            Duzig(Bill)

Comment

Hello,

here you can see the regulations of those plaques: You could earn them (among other things) in a) bronce, b) silver and c) gold for

a) 10 years faithful service as a (male) nurse for horses or a farrier or five first prices,

b) 15 years faithful service as a (male) nurse for horses or a farrier or ten first prices and

c) 20 years faithful service as a (male) nurse for horses or a farrier or 15 first prices.

The other pic is from a silver plaque from my collection with the doc.

Hope you like it.

Best Regards

Max_Porter
              Attached Files

Comment

COOL items!

Awards of the Reichsnährstand are finally nothing else than awards of the SS - that should be taken into account here as well.

Comment

Hello,
                  Max, very nice items! By chance would you or anyone know the criteria for awarding of the Honor plaque for horse breeding? I have attached two pics of the one's I have, gold and silver but cannot find much if any info about them.
                  thanks,
                  Duzig(Bill)
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hello Bill,

very nice plaques you have there!

Sadly I can´t help with any regulations or other informations about them - sorry! I´ve never seen any useful things of them.

Best Regards

Max_porter

Comment

And here for your information two more pics:

The first page of the plaque doc booklet and the doc for the silver plaque:

Best Regards

Max_Porter
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hello,
                        Max, thank you for your reply. I find very little about these items other than the listing in Niemanns price guide but nowhere any info other than that. Thank you much for your information and documents on the care of horses plaques. Always great information on these forums. Max, out of curiousity the ribbons with the R you show in your picture, are they enamelled like the badges one sees with the R?
                        thanks again,
                        Duzig(Bill)

Comment

Originally posted by Duzig View Post

... are they enamelled like the badges one sees with the R?
                          thanks again,
                          Duzig(Bill)
                          Hello Bill,

the badges are just lacquered. They are the visible prices that were shown then on the horses bridles.

Best Regards and have all a nice weekend

Max_Porter

Comment

Hello,
                            Max, thanks for that info and again...beautiful items!
                            Bill

Comment

Many thanks everybody for your comments and documentations, Jim, the plates measurements are 7,67x5,85 mm. Regards, Claude.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X